2022 Pro Trailer Backup Assist 2.0 won't calibrate. Anyone get it working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twanger

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has found issues calibrating the ProTrailer Backup Assist 2.0 in their 2022 Expedition. My system simply won't calibrate. It just keeps saying "Drive Straight" and "Turn Left or Right" and never finishes that calibration, so it's non-functional. Dealer isn't seeing anything wrong, so now I have to take them my entire trailer to try to figure it out!

I'm following the directions as I read them. Sticker placement, drive forward at 2-9mph, 90-degree turns (do you need to do 180s?). 10 minutes of driving around a parking lot and still no calibration.

I see Ford finally created a video for it, but it doesn't really help at all.

blznweels

Reaction score
Kept trying it in the street. I had to find a big parking lot. Wound up using 3 drive isles, and about 25 car slots in length for a 18' boat. Just driving around in circles.FEF4E99E-9CF9-443D-BE5D-432D9AF0DDB5.jpeg

Huntsw1

Reaction score
I got mine to work on my 11' utility trailer. It really is amazing how much easier it is to back up now

CCDC

Reaction score
I failed miserably trying with my 28’ camper. All parameters are within spec, but it kept telling me to keep driving/turning. 2 hours, 3 parking lots, and also the assistance of a retired Honeywell rocket engineer were met with no success. Haven’t tried with my 20’ boat trailer yet.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's flustering to hear how many people are having issues, and how the tutorials/ videos are inconsistent. Multiple 2021 Ford F150 tutorials claim no more stickers and installing a module (my word - may be incorrect terminology) instead. My 2022 Expedition definitely has stickers in the packet. I am not reading anything that says the sticker is optional in the packet nor owners manual. Weather and time permitting, I will attempt to get my 6x10 Suretrac utility trailer set up this weekend and will plan to report back here my experience. Lots of Notes in owners manual about requirements during calibration including driving 2-9mph, slow steady turns, etc., so maybe those are the tricks for folks who can't get the calibration process to complete. More to come. The manual says nothing about taking trailer measurements as part of backup assist setup beyond measuring where the sticker goes, but BLIS section does talk about entering trailer measurements. I'll see what I can poke through in the menus. This is one of those times I hate that a paper owners manual isn't available - hard to read instructions for menu steps if you're reading the manual from another page of the same infotainment system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360