2022 production status

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sliderz71

Reaction score
Here is a 2022 XLT in Dark Matter Metallic that arrived nearby in PA. Not mine and was already sold...

Attachments

• 20220305_163308.jpg
    20220305_163308.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220305_163627.jpg
    20220305_163627.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 70

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nice to see the sandstone interior in real vehicle. Happy with my choice of the said interior....now if they would only build it...

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know I may be cutting hairs, BUT I am NOT a fan of the sandstone upper color with the black seats. This is what mine will look like and I sure hope it grows on me! I was thinking it would be at the worst the light gray color upper with the black seats. My last Expedition had all black interior, which is what I really wanted.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know I may be cutting hairs, BUT I am NOT a fan of the sandstone upper color with the black seats. This is what mine will look like and I sure hope it grows on me! I was thinking it would be at the worst the light gray color upper with the black seats. My last Expedition had all black interior, which is what I really wanted.

Here are shots of the Black leather with Sandstone upper on my 2010 Explorer XLT, it's really not a bad combination, took me a day to get over the fact is was not black on black.

Attachments

• blacksand1.jpg
    blacksand1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 21
  • blacksand2.jpg
    blacksand2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 21
  • blacksand3.jpg
    blacksand3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 20
  • blacksand4.jpg
    blacksand4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 21

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are shots of the Black leather with Sandstone upper on my 2010 Explorer XLT, it's really not a bad combination, took me a day to get over the fact is was not black on black.
Thank you for those pictures. Pictures call always be decieving, so I am sure hoping its not as bad as what I am thinking it will be. Plus, like most things, change does take a little getting use to.

snowrider0985

Reaction score
Alright I have a question for you guys. We ordered an xlt max in February and still no schedule date or anything. I found another dealer that has the same thing we ordered scheduled to be delivered in 6 weeks. The dealership we ordered from had us put $1,000 down on the order. What are the chances of getting that $1,000 back if i decided to buy from the other dealership?

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright I have a question for you guys. We ordered an xlt max in February and still no schedule date or anything. I found another dealer that has the same thing we ordered scheduled to be delivered in 6 weeks. The dealership we ordered from had us put $1,000 down on the order. What are the chances of getting that $1,000 back if i decided to buy from the other dealership?
Was it a refundable deposit? Some dealers do that some don't. If it was refundable there shouldn't be an issue.

If it was not refundable then you won't be getting it back and the dealer will be really happy to pocket your $1000 and increase the price to sell to someone else.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Refunds of deposits depend on how the contract was written, in your case, I'd call the dealership and explain you have yet to receive a VIN to track your order and you are going to take your chances with dealer inventory as it comes in. Ask nicely for your deposit back, then go from there.

Now, with that said, before you pick up the phone, ask the other dealer if he has a VIN assigned yet, if so, great, get the ball rolling, if not, then his order is in the same delay que as yours.

Bill