2022 Redesign thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThYenAlPyH

Reaction score
Looks are subjective as other mentioned. I actually don’t like all pre22 trims and thought their front end looks weird, I like the look from the back and side but the front just looks not integrated with other par of the car. I wanted to order Tahor z71 as I like that look but then timberline attracted my attention. I still think z71 looks better but timberline has more options I need like ACC, car seat friendly tilt, mid seat headrest, etc so I ordered timberline instead which fits my need as family car. I don’t mind timberline looks comparing to pre year models.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ‘22 Stealth looks awesome IMO and reminds me of our ‘17 Explorer Sport which I believe is still one of the best looking vehicles. That’s why we have one on order. In the other trims I prefer the ‘18-‘21 exterior. Now interior wise, it’s no competition for the ‘22.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
I don’t understand why they raised the belt line in the 2018 refresh. Same with the Tahoe/Denali. Is it for increased side impact protection? I am partial to the 15-17 models vs the 18-22 years. Same engine, less tech, and cheaper to buy.
One correction. Same engine, Nowhere near the same performance.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One correction. Same engine, Nowhere near the same performance.
Sort of, I agree with the performance delta between both models the 18+ is aided by the 10 speed. However the engines are technically a little different. The 18+ uses the D35 second gen 3.5L which adds port fuel injection among other advancements, like dual chain timing system.
Belt line is due to crash safety and weight. Glass is heavy and requires more structural rigidity on metal work to compensate for non glued glass.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni