2022 Timberline - 1 door handles is different color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbelltx

Reaction score
I’ve had some issues with the Timberline but for the most part, they’re all fixed. However, I took him in to get paint correction, ceramic coating, and tint and the guy showed me - the vehicle is dark matter metallic but the rear passenger door handle is BLACK. What the crap?!? Only one door handle? The guy said all the paint was from the factory so the door wasn’t damaged and then replaced/fixed, someone just worked in bad lighting and put on the wrong color. I didn’t notice at all till he pointed it out. Now it’s super noticeable. Calling the dealer Monday to see what they say.

Edit for clarity

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve had some issues with the Timberline but for the most part, they’re all fixed. However, I took him in to get paint correction, ceramic coating, and tint and the guy showed me - the vehicle is dark matter metallic but the rear passenger door handle is BLACK. What the crap?!? Only one door handle? The guy said all the paint was from the factory so the door wasn’t damaged and then replaced/fixed, someone just worked in bad lighting and put on the wrong color. I didn’t notice at all till he pointed it out. Now it’s super noticeable. Calling the dealer Monday to see what they say.

Edit for clarity

You state you took the vehicle in to get paint correction.

What needed correcting?

Did you buy the vehicle new?

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
You state you took the vehicle in to get paint correction.

What needed correcting?

Did you buy the vehicle new?
It didn’t need much of anything, just a good once over to get rid of irregularities prior to ceramic coating. I did want this done, however, because part of me still believed the car was damaged in shipping prior to purchase (due to a few issues).

gramerford2017

Reaction score
I guess I would have been a little more particular if I were buying a 100k SUV. I would have looked the vehicle over before signing papers but that's just me apparently.

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I would have been a little more particular if I were buying a 100k SUV. I would have looked the vehicle over before signing papers but that's just me apparently.

Somethings can be overlooked. But a door handle with a different contrasting color.......... I have the same vehicle color. To me that would stand out pretty much. Just doing a walk around of vehicle would just catch an eye. Just my opinion.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are the two passenger side handles. Photos taken seconds apart.View attachment 76430View attachment 76431

The color difference is very apparent in your photo.

You can ask the dealer to determine if there was shipping damage - which is usually repaired by the receiving dealer (not necessarily the selling dealer).

If you ask, it doesn’t mean you will receive the truth.

Did your selling dealer do a dealer-trade for the vehicle, which means it would have had to be shipped to, or picked up by your selling dealer?

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. Super helpful. Vehicle was purchased remotely and delivered to me at night. Neither the dealer, myself, my local dealer, nor 3 detailers saw it in the past two months. It’s also the door handles my 10 year old uses so it’s always the dirtiest handle.
The color difference is very apparent in your photo.

You can ask the dealer to determine if there was shipping damage - which is usually repaired by the receiving dealer (not necessarily the selling dealer).

If you ask, it doesn’t mean you will receive the truth.

Did your selling dealer do a dealer-trade for the vehicle, which means it would have had to be shipped to, or picked up by your selling dealer?
Yes, this photo is very clear but literally the only way I could see it with just my eye and not looking for it was once I had the chrome deleted - now it’s noticeable with black being so close to it.

I’ve already asked the dealer about damage due to a faulty driver headlight unit and they said none occurred. My local dealer checked the vehicle for hidden damage and couldn’t find anything. And the PPF installer who noticed it checked all the paint and nothing was repainted. I think someone just grabbed the wrong handle at the dealer.

I may keep it because it makes me laugh. I may switch it out. I may switch them all out for black just for fun.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Several years ago, I test drove a new GM car at the dealer and pointed out that the front passenger door interior panel was a different color than the other doors. In your case with the exterior door handle and this one, both are assembly plant errors. I would expect Ford to cover under warranty by any Ford Dealer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni