2022 Timberline 15” screen blacks out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pancho258

Reaction score
Twice now while driving the screen goes blank. It Comes back within a few seconds. Only way I can explain it is like your computer rebooting. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Twice now while driving the screen goes blank. It Comes back within a few seconds. Only way I can explain it is like your computer rebooting. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
I believe there is a Ford notice (a/k/a: SSM) on this. Check with your dealer. I believe the fix is to replace the entire 15" screen

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had it happen to me once.
Although I have two cars with wireless apple car play (this Ford and a Hyundai) and both seem glitchy. The Hyundai will simply shut down and disconnect. This Ford only rebooted once but it will randomly change sources to car play instead of my current radio input.
Part of me doesn’t know if it’s an apple issue or not. But I run the latest updates and newest iPhone.

DFWHD

Reaction score
Has happened to me 2 times in 4 months, about 6 -8 weeks apart. I was thinking it might be an update being applied as it came back within 30 seconds each time. Have read on this form more about folks whose screen went off for a lot longer, so not really sure if there are 2 different problems?