2022 Timberline Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pawj112

Reaction score
Just recently tried both of the eBay harnesses on my wife’s ‘22 Timberline upgrading to factory led tail lights. Both of them were wired completely wrong, so they must have changed wiring for the ‘22s. The turn signal flashed the reverse light, the brake was steady reverse light and the running lights illuminated what should be the turn signal. Just FYI for those looking to go that route. It looks like I will be rewiring one of the harnesses.

TheVI

Reaction score
I ordered a loaded up 501A too (minus RES and engine block heater) Noticed the LED tail lights were not included and they certainly do look like a slick upgrade. Don't beat yourself up about it... I'd be more irritated if I ordered a Platinum and couldnt get a 440HP engine. In doing some quick digging, the new LED tail lights wont be plug and play, so I'll likely swap in a few LED bulbs and see if/when a trusted tech has a confident idea of how to retrofit.
Did you swap in the LEDs ? Curious what bulbs the tails take ( brake/turn/reverse) as there is little online. Trying to prevent taming it apart then ordering - thanks

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question: Why would you want LED tail lights? You never will ever be able to enjoy them as you never can see them.

TheVI

Reaction score
Question: Why would you want LED tail lights? You never will ever be able to enjoy them as you never can see them.
Good point, so it part esthetics but for the reverse lights, LEDs make a world of difference

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good point, so it part esthetics but for the reverse lights, LEDs make a world of difference

I agree. Would I want LED tails lights from the factory. yes 100%. But I would not go through all the work to try to retrofit them. Would rather invest the time and money into other upgrades.

ak49

Reaction score
I totally agree with the upgrade to LED backup lights, but I went with the VLEDS v6 Extreme Reverse Light System 3156 and couldn't be happier with the light output. The difference was night and day so to speak. Sure, I don't have the fancy LED parking/running lights, but it's a Timberline and it's okay to have less street-flashiness. I'm fine with less expensive taillights and LED modules that (more than likely) out-perform factory offerings.