2022 Timberline w/ lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmp3

Reaction score
hi,
I see a used 2022 Timberline with some type of level or lift and 35x12.50 Toyo tires on stock wheels. Dealer confirms it has a level kit. Looks great but most of the research I’ve done I don’t see an official lift or level for this vehicle.
If I missed this, what systems are out there? I cannot find anything. Also, thoughts on this vehicle with 35’s. Looks awesome but is this too big and should I be concerned about longevity?
thanks

Attachments

• 401F272F-9DDF-42F4-B744-8F30D6A376D7.jpeg
    401F272F-9DDF-42F4-B744-8F30D6A376D7.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 9571AEF6-497C-4AAB-83F5-B0A3574A3381.jpeg
    9571AEF6-497C-4AAB-83F5-B0A3574A3381.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 8A9583C0-3AA5-43D8-B5A5-F19924C5D66E.jpeg
    8A9583C0-3AA5-43D8-B5A5-F19924C5D66E.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 165

ElectrifyCLT

Reaction score
If you’re even remotely considering it I’d go test drive it and make sure you turn the steering wheel full lock in each direction. To me, it sure looks like you’d get significant interference at full lock as well as with the suspension fully compressed.

OP
OP
C

cmp3

Reaction score
If you’re even remotely considering it I’d go test drive it and make sure you turn the steering wheel full lock in each direction. To me, it sure looks like you’d get significant interference at full lock as well as with the suspension fully compressed.
Yeah I would have to and this is not near my location. I agree looks great but concerned what type of lift they used since there doesn’t seem to be one. And I’d be shocked if 35‘s don’t rub.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hi,
I see a used 2022 Timberline with some type of level or lift and 35x12.50 Toyo tires on stock wheels. Dealer confirms it has a level kit. Looks great but most of the research I’ve done I don’t see an official lift or level for this vehicle.
If I missed this, what systems are out there? I cannot find anything. Also, thoughts on this vehicle with 35’s. Looks awesome but is this too big and should I be concerned about longevity?
thanks

Thats 100% a lift. I have a Timberline and studied lifts since it came out. Timberline comes leveled from the factory hence a 1.5" factory lift in the front. That has a additional lift you can tell how the rear wheel swings forward due to the link bar angle when you raise it. I personally do not like the look of the rear wheel being moved forward when raised. There is no option right now as one would need a complete kit with linkage, etc. The way Timberlines are lifted is buying TWO readylift kits and using only the 1.5 spacers in each for front and rear as the Timberline is already leveled. FOX or KING coil overs would achieve the lift but its upwards of 5k. Bilstiens do not work since they max out around 1.5 or so.

ak49

Reaction score
This does look like a combo of two ReadyLift kits. I installed that on my Timberline. Below are a few links with some pics and details. I agree LazSlate and am also not a fan of the rear wheel position, but I've been able to ignore it enough to enjoy the rest of the look. Rough Country does make a 3" lift with extended trailing arms that correct this position, but I don't have any first hand experience with their products and have been cautioned to avoid them.

OP
OP
C

cmp3

Reaction score
This does look like a combo of two ReadyLift kits. I installed that on my Timberline. Below are a few links with some pics and details. I agree LazSlate and am also not a fan of the rear wheel position, but I've been able to ignore it enough to enjoy the rest of the look. Rough Country does make a 3" lift with extended trailing arms that correct this position, but I don't have any first hand experience with their products and have been cautioned to avoid them.

AK,
That looks awesome. And my guess would be that under load, the rear wheel motion would be up into the rear of the vehicle. Is that what you see?

Second question, do you have 35 x 12 1/2’s? how was the ride overall??

And lastly and I’m sure this has been asked before, does this have an effect on your warranty? I’m in a 2012 vintage, so I’ve been without warranty for quite some time.

Again. It looks incredible. Thanks for sharing.

ak49

Reaction score
I haven't had the lift very long so I haven't had the opportunity to tow or load the cargo area up yet. That said, I fully expect the rear wheel to move up and to the rear under load. I don't anticipate any clearance issues. I guess I could throw one of the rear wheels on a curb and see how it tucks. If I remember to do that, I'll report back.

I have Falken Wildpeak 295/70R18 which run a little big, but are still smaller than 35x12.5. The front tires clear fine, but the rear required a little trimming of the fabric wheel well lining towards the front of the well.

The ride is good and on part with the factory ride. There's a little more body roll being a lifted vehicle with a higher center of gravity and I initially had super-light steering which made it require constant attention while traveling at 65+MPH, but a trip back to the alignment shop for some additional caster resolved that issue.

My understanding is that these lifts don't affect the vehicle's warranty unless the manufacturer can prove the modification performed by the owner was the cause of the problem. So, if your ball joints wear out prematurely, Ford will probably blame the lift and larger tires and you won't be covered. I think that's completely reasonable. Now, if they won't cover a coolant leak because you have a lifted vehicle, they'll have a hard time winning that argument.

mjga233

Reaction score
Thats 100% a lift. I have a Timberline and studied lifts since it came out. Timberline comes leveled from the factory hence a 1.5" factory lift in the front. That has a additional lift you can tell how the rear wheel swings forward due to the link bar angle when you raise it. I personally do not like the look of the rear wheel being moved forward when raised. There is no option right now as one would need a complete kit with linkage, etc. The way Timberlines are lifted is buying TWO readylift kits and using only the 1.5 spacers in each for front and rear as the Timberline is already leveled. FOX or KING coil overs would achieve the lift but its upwards of 5k. Bilstiens do not work since they max out around 1.5 or so.
Couldnt you also buy the rough country 2/1 kit, and the front 1 inch kit? Thats what Im about to do so I can get 1 inch in the front and back.