2022 XLT with special edition package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlnjca

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am new to this forum as I am thinking to buy a 2022 expedition.

Seems every dear is charging at least $2500 marks above the MSRP. To save some money, I have lowered my expectation from a limited to XLT.

Now I am thinking to buy a XLT with special edition package and 202A group. What am I missing with this setup from a limited? Except for the 25 horsepower (and ventilate front seats)?

Thank you.

twinturbodude7

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am new to this forum as I am thinking to buy a 2022 expedition.

Seems every dear is charging at least $2500 marks above the MSRP. To save some money, I have lowered my expectation from a limited to XLT.

Now I am thinking to buy a XLT with special edition package and 202A group. What am I missing with this setup from a limited? Except for the 25 horsepower (and ventilate front seats)?

Thank you.
There are several large dealerships out there that will sell below invoice. Use them to your advantage. I'd ask local dealerships to match those deals. That's what I did.

Now, actually getting my hands on said vehicle is a whole different story. :(

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What JasonH said above. The special edition adds several features that come in the base limited trim. 202A does have heated and ventilated front seats. You can't get real leather seats in XLT, just Active-X (synthetic leather).

OP
OP
J

jlnjca

Reaction score
There are several large dealerships out there that will sell below invoice. Use them to your advantage. I'd ask local dealerships to match those deals. That's what I did.

Now, actually getting my hands on said vehicle is a whole different story. :(
How to get the list of the large dealerships? They well below invoice for the car on their lots or only on customer orders? I was told at a dealership the other day that they no longer take customer orders.

OP
OP
J

jlnjca

Reaction score
What JasonH said above. The special edition adds several features that come in the base limited trim. 202A does have heated and ventilated front seats. You can't get real leather seats in XLT, just Active-X (synthetic leather).
How is the reputation of Fords' Active-X? Will it last?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It says, "Sorry, but no downloadable content is available for this model."
That is really odd, they're usually available. It's possible Ford is adjusting content due to parts constraints. I've used them for other models years frequently in the past.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MY2020 they started ActiveX seats in Expedition. My 2019 XLT 202A has full leather & heated/vented front seats!

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Limited & above gets 2nd row heated & maybe vented seats. I forget which MYs though.