2023 ANC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2023 platinum with active noise cancellation. I have some hearing issues and unfortunately anc via headphones has always bothered my ears so I don’t use them. I hadn’t given any thought to this being a problem on a vehicle until after purchasing my expedition and I believe it’s after a few days of driving it’s having a negative impact on my hearing and I would like to disable. I understand the three routes would be to either disconnect the microphones or use forscan or possibly ask the dealership to disable. My first question is to help identify which “speakers” are actually the microphones for anc in this 2023 expedition. There are four larger rectangle speakers/mics above front seats and middle seats as well as one smaller mic above driver seat and above third row in the middle. My assumption is that the 4 larger speakers/mics are the acn mics. I got access to them and unfortunately the wires are suatered so it’s not as simple as disconnecting. Any advice?

In the picture I’m holding the bigger speaker/mic for reference as I had already taken to off to access the inside. Also including a picture of the hardware uner the speaker/mic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 37

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the best way to ensure the system is off is to disable it via forscan.
removing mics might help it not read the noise levels, but remove the wrong ones and your in-car calling experience will degrade.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I’ve never used forscan. Do I just order it on Amazon and then find a walkthrough/diagram to figure out how to work it? From my limited search it seems the newer vehicles are harder to find the forscan diagrams for.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of the audio wiring system? It would be nice to have the option to disconnect acn related portions.

I talked to the dealership and they said they would disable it for me by disconnecting the “speakers”. Curious as to what they actually do. Taking it in tomorrow

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. One more question. Does anyone know if the platinum trim is the only trim with anc? It appears to be the case. I may just try to downgrade to a king ranch or other as the dealership is having trouble disabling it and won’t use a forscan…

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. One more question. Does anyone know if the platinum trim is the only trim with anc? It appears to be the case. I may just try to downgrade to a king ranch or other as the dealership is having trouble disabling it and won’t use a forscan…
Bumping this. Wondering if King Ranch has it.

abbent

Reaction score
Same experience as you. Bought 2023 Grand Wagoneer and traded it 3 weeks later for Ford Expedition XLT to avoid ANC. Platinum and Limited have ANC. XLT, King Ranch, and Timberline do not. Back in 2018 only Platinum did so I had to get the Limited. When I wanted a new car this year it was almost impossible to find a luxury SUV without it. It can be disabled using the service dept’s diagnostic computer. Many cars such as QX80 have an option to disable it within the hidden layers of the cars diagnostic module but you will have to find someone very knowledgeable within the company who knows how to access it and who will disclose how. An Infiniti salesman was able to disable it for me for a test drive (didn’t buy the car because I preferred the Expedition overall and could get the upgraded XLT without ANC). Many aftermarket audio installers also know how to bypass ANC to install subwoofers. Let Ford try to do it. My guess is they are going to do it using the diagnostics module, even if they won’t admit it. Although, in my search, it was shocking how many service techs have never heard of ANC or ASC(which pipes in engine noise for sound effects).

Ford lists Active Noise Control under “Functional” on the car sticker for all cars that have it. If you want to know if a car has it, pull up the Sticker online or go to the dealer and look under Functional items. You will find it on the Platinum and after 2018 you will also find it on the Limited.

It can be disabled on the Infiniti QX80 but I only know if 1 dealership that will show you how. Land Rover Defender also does not have ANC.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this info and the statement of what models ANC comes in is correct, just a few of the many window stickers Ive looked at. see below.

Platinum
FUNCTIONAL
360-DEGREE CAMERA
ADVANCED CARGO MANAGER
AUDIO -REAR SEAT CONTROLS B&O UNLEASHED, 22 SPKR
BLUECRUISE
CLASS IV TRLR TOW PREP PAK CNCTD BLT-IN NAV(3-YR INC)
ENHANCED ACTV NOISE CTRL
FORD CO-PILOT360TMACTIVE2.0 FORDPASSTM CONNECT 4GWI-FI
HOTSPOT TELEMATICS MODEM IP CLSTR 12.4" DIGTL SCRN
SIRIUSXM® W/360L- NA AK&HI SYNC®4A W/EVR & 15.5" SCRN WIRELESS CHARGING PAD

Limited
FUNCTIONAL
4-DR INTELL ACCESS LOCK/
UNLOCK W/PUSH-BUTTON START
ACTIVE NOISE CONTROL
B&O SOUND SYSTEM, 12 SPKR
CLASS IV TRLR TOW PREP PAK
CNCTD BLT-IN NAV(3-YR INC)