2023 Expedition Max Forscan Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stsysar

Reaction score
Hello All,

Has anyone done any mods using Forscan on the 23 model. I would like to add temperature values and maybe bambi mode. What other updates would you recommend? I have never used Forscan and want to make sure I don't cause any damage to my truck. Thanks!

Last edited:

s76helipilot

Reaction score
I just did bambi mode. Still trying to figure out how to change one touch blinkers from 3 flashes to 4 or 5.... Would also really like to figure out how to keep the running boards from constantly going in and out. IT would be great if they just stayed out all the time until driving and then retract.

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
The running boards are annoying. I have small kids so Inleave my door open until I get everyone inside. Extended time setting doesn't seem to work.

I will give Forescan a try.

AKFordTrekR

Reaction score
In the dash menu options you can set the running boards to deploy out and stay out. Now I am not sure if they stay out after next key cycle. I know we always set the running boards out when we run through car wash... (touchless) then set them back to auto.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the dash menu options you can set the running boards to deploy out and stay out. Now I am not sure if they stay out after next key cycle. I know we always set the running boards out when we run through car wash... (touchless) then set them back to auto.

This is a great tip.
Thanks.

leirej

Reaction score
New to Forscan and I'm getting a "unable to identify the vehicle." what I'm I doing wrong?
I had the same issue with my 23 Timberline. Email Forscan [email protected] with your model year, trim, and VIN. Tell them the message you are getting. They responded within 24hrs. They'll add your vehicle to the database and send you a beta version that will recognize it. They responded within 24hrs. I was able to change tire size, reset the active transmission learning, bambi mode, and have the headlights remember last setting instead of always going to auto. There is plenty you can do with just the drop down menus instead of messing with the AS Built values.

Last edited:

MikeS3000

Reaction score
Did you guys ever get Forscan to do some more mods on your '23 Expy? I was only able to get Bambi mode working. I wanted the transmission and coolant temps as well, but Forscan does not seem to change anything when I change the options to "on".

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
No, I haven't got the time to do it. I want the transmission and coolant temp as well. Have you tried contacting the forescan support?

Let me know if you figure it. I would like to do mine eventually, hopefully soon.

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 23 Timberline. Email Forscan [email protected] with your model year, trim, and VIN. Tell them the message you are getting. They responded within 24hrs. They'll add your vehicle to the database and send you a beta version that will recognize it. They responded within 24hrs. I was able to change tire size, reset the active transmission learning, bambi mode, and have the headlights remember last setting instead of always going to auto. There is plenty you can do with just the drop down menus instead of messing with the AS Built values.
I just got on and updated the tire circumference in the bdycm. Is that how you adjusted tire size? Also how did you enable the bambi mode?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357