2023 Expedition Max (Limited or Plat) or wait for MY24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Reaction score
You're right in the increase in vehicle prices. It really hurts. :hahano:

Anyways dropped by 2 dealerships to check out this years models for the GMC Yukon XL and Ford Expedition Platinum Max... Might side with the 2024 Platinum (but certainly not forking over $800 a year for BlueCruise unless the dealer can get us the first 3 years free through negotiations). The Yukon's interior seems to be light years behind Ford's.
1. Glove compartment and center console is way bigger inside the Ford. Honestly the GMC Yukon's seems smaller than our current 2006 Honda Pilots.
2. There is more storage compartments on the back of the Ford in the cargo area.
3. GM designers seemed to think 12v outlets are obslete or something because there is literally only one in the front in a relatively poor location. Replaced with a few underpowered USB-C outlets with no USB-PD.
4. 2 AC outlets require turning on every time the the vehicle gets turned through a driver's side button.

The Yukon sure looks a lot nicer than the Ford from the outside though. HAHA

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do like how the denalis look mostly. Even the Tahoe looks good in some instances. However, I Haye the Tahoe interior. The denali interior is better, not by much. However after driving a couple, my wife said nope.

SunnySunshine

Reaction score
We're probably getting the 2024 King Ranch or Platinum (maybe even the Limited with the Stealth Performance Package), since checking out the GMC Yukon. Unless they announce a Timberline MAX for the 2024 model year (seriously doubt it). Ford should really get on it to compete with the Yukon XL AT4.

Last edited:

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our family is probably going for the GMC Yukon XL. Just found out Ford increased BlueCruise to $800 a year. That is insane considering SuperCruise with way more mapped roads only costs $250-$300 a year depending on if you pay monthly or annually. We almost pulled the trigger on the Ford but that kind of subscription cost is a deal breaker.
Any dealer maps are nowhere near as good as the constantly updated Google maps. My Platinum has he newest maps available and they don't come close.
And Google maps are free. And with the new Android wireless mobile, it's a win.

SunnySunshine

Reaction score
You can always just use Android auto anyways (Ford is wireless too I believe), or plug in one of those Binize Android boxes that pretty much turns your infotainment into a tablet.

Actually we are probably going to end up using a Binize box anyways because my father and I use Chinese language apps (which has podcasts and ebooks in our native language). Going to be side loading the APK.

Last edited: