2023 Timberline changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimberExpy

Reaction score
Just watched a video regarding the changes to the Expy Timberline for the upcoming 2023 model year. Ford is getting rid of the Cypress green interior (which is insane IMO), but adding the trail one-pedal driving which is apparently something available on the Bronco.

Anyone have any experience with this one-pedal mode? just curious if it’s something that I will feel I am missing out on with my ‘22.

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just watched a video regarding the changes to the Expy Timberline for the upcoming 2023 model year. Ford is getting rid of the Cypress green interior (which is insane IMO), but adding the trail one-pedal driving which is apparently something available on the Bronco.

Anyone have any experience with this one-pedal mode? just curious if it’s something that I will feel I am missing out on with my ‘22.
Read it closer, the order guide stated shows they are dropping the Cypress leather from the 501A, the 500A cloth will still be Cypress

OP
OP
TimberExpy

TimberExpy

Reaction score
Read it closer, the order guide stated shows they are dropping the Cypress leather from the 501A, the 500A cloth will still be Cypress
Oh, gotcha. I wasn’t the one reading it, it was in a video.

But cloth? Meh.

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But regarding your question about one pedal driving.....I compare it very much like a typical golf cart movement style. You push the throttle down and it moves forward, as you release the throttle there is typically a little bit of coast distance in the pedal travel, and take your foot off and it brakes/stops. Some of the EV's have it as options intended for stop/go traffic conditions.

With the trail version the coolest part is you set the max speed on the Bronco and no matter how far you push the throttle down it won't exceed that number, so a 5 mph crawl can be maintained without all the jerkiness most two footed driving requires.

I'm guessing all the hardware and sensors are present for it to be added with a software upgrade......now the question is would Ford offer it to the 22's or not.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Link to video please.

OP
OP
TimberExpy

TimberExpy

Reaction score
But regarding your question about one pedal driving.....I compare it very much like a typical golf cart movement style. You push the throttle down and it moves forward, as you release the throttle there is typically a little bit of coast distance in the pedal travel, and take your foot off and it brakes/stops. Some of the EV's have it as options intended for stop/go traffic conditions.

With the trail version the coolest part is you set the max speed on the Bronco and no matter how far you push the throttle down it won't exceed that number, so a 5 mph crawl can be maintained without all the jerkiness most two footed driving requires.

I'm guessing all the hardware and sensors are present for it to be added with a software upgrade......now the question is would Ford offer it to the 22's or not.
Cool. I thought it sounded a lot like one pedal driving for EVs, but wasn’t sure. Thanks!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImWearingPants