2025 ford expedition redesign

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Ford authority is hinting at a new expedition for 2024. I'm taking this a new expy for the 25my with a release sometime In 2024. If this is the case, I may just wait and grab one of these. With that said, what are some things you all would want to see in it. Ima make a short list:

- air suspension option
- heated third row
- hybrid option
- quieter cabin (rear)
- f150 steering calibration (f150 has better steering feel for some reason)
- better drive mode customization (steering, trans, suspension opts separate)
- heads up display (come on now ford)
- digital rear view mirror (come on now ford)
- scales
- second row vented seats
- cooled steering wheel
- height adjustable power running boards
- black out/stealth pkg for platty trim

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Ford authority is hinting at a new expedition for 2024. I'm taking this a new expy for the 25my with a release sometime In 2024. If this is the case, I may just wait and grab one of these. With that said, what are some things you all would want to see in it. Ima make a short list:

- air suspension option
- heated third row
- hybrid option
- quieter cabin (rear)
- f150 steering calibration (f150 has better steering feel for some reason)
- better drive mode customization (steering, trans, suspension opts separate)
- heads up display (come on now ford)
- digital rear view mirror (come on now ford)
- scales
- second row vented seats
- cooled steering wheel
- height adjustable power running boards
- black out/stealth pkg for platty trim
Everything but height adjustable step bars looks interesting. What the heck would that do any good. Also, how are you supposed to get a cooled steering wheel. The Stealth for platinum would be awesome.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
People like or need different heights for the running boards. I always liked the position of ford boards, but my wife and I also liked how low stellantis boards go. If you had a car seat, you may need it to go lower or higher depending on position of the seat. If you have a boat and your in the ramp, people like to open the door to see where they are, If it had a high position, it would allow u to step out without getting in the water. Also, with adjustable air springs, they can auto adjust to the height of the body. Just some scenarios I thought about.

For cooled steering wheel, I think small compartmentalized vents focused on the steering wheel that blows cold/colder air could work. Or maybe tubes within the steering column that cycle cold air inside the wheel could also work as well.

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why a digital rear view mirror? Reality has a higher resolution.

I'd like to see the combination lift-gate/swing-gate, but that always seems to be eight years in the future.

Powerboost. I don't think full EV is in the cards until TEVC is up and running.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After driving vehicles with it, it's actually real useful.

It's actually super helpful when you cargo area is full and the mirror reflection is obscured.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe my25. I would think be surprised if some of the new features sneak onto the expy prior to the redo.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
Ahh Ok, got an edge lease due in 18 months I was gonna get out of it a few months early and upgrade to expedition as we have a baby on the way and take the dog everywhere too. I guess the “new” model can wait until kid 2 comes along in the next few years