22’ Timberline Ride Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

p-rizzle

Reaction score
After sleeping on it, I’ve decided to take the advice of the forum and at least wait to see what’s on offer with the 25’s before making a change.

Bumping the tire pressure down to 35 did result in a noticeable improvement and I think I can live with it for the next 6 months.

@LazSlate: thanks for the info on the Bilatiens. Are you saying the ride could get harsher if I go that route? But would be less bouncy than it is now?

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put bilsteins on my xlt and thought the ride was night and day better. It was more firm and composed, not harsh at all. It didn't bounce and wallow or sway. Even towing was noticeably better at controlling the weight hanging off the back end. In my case I used the 5100's. I liked them much more than what I am experiencing with the CCD on the platinum I have now.

The stock non-ccd shocks were not impressive at all.

OP
OP
P

p-rizzle

Reaction score
I put bilsteins on my xlt and thought the ride was night and day better. It was more firm and composed, not harsh at all. It didn't bounce and wallow or sway. Even towing was noticeably better at controlling the weight hanging off the back end. In my case I used the 5100's. I liked them much more than what I am experiencing with the CCD on the platinum I have now.

The stock non-ccd shocks were not impressive at all.
Thank you duneslider! Appreciate the info

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just remember the new one will most likely rattle just as bad after some time, so I wouldn't get too bought into the rattle itself....... Vehicles today are NOT made to last. The dealers are making big coin because they are guaranteed many many repairs.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wayneo