22 limited max with HD tow package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slammer10

Reaction score
Has anyone has “weight limit” alert come on the display screen while towing? We have the 15” screen. Towed my 23’ enclosed snowmobile trailer which is 2800# empty with one sled in this weekend. I was in tow/haul mode. I got this alert a few times while going slow pulling up to a stop sign but never traveling at speed. Thought it was very strange as I was not overloaded or close to it. I can’t find anything on this alert on my searches on the inner webs.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone has “weight limit” alert come on the display screen while towing? We have the 15” screen. Towed my 23’ enclosed snowmobile trailer which is 2800# empty with one sled in this weekend. I was in tow/haul mode. I got this alert a few times while going slow pulling up to a stop sign but never traveling at speed. Thought it was very strange as I was not overloaded or close to it. I can’t find anything on this alert on my searches on the inner webs.
What year, and trim? What was inside the Expy? How much weight were you carrying inside?

My guess is you have a 22 with CCD, like a Platinum, and had stuff in the back. Combine that with Tongue weight, and my guess it was sensing you were near payload? That is just my thoughts.

The electric scale equipped 21+ 150's have a similar message when at or over capacity.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was gonna say the same...maybe they equipped these trucks with ccd with the scales from the f150 without adding it to the order guide. It actually seems sometimes the software from different vehicles is jumbled in the code and is unlocked or locked before shipment without knowing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Slammer10

Reaction score
22 limited max with 302A package and HD tow. I didn’t think it has ccd or ordered with it but I guess it could. How do I know that on the vin code? It does not list it on the build spec but will look again I guess.

My wife and 2 kids, 4 and 6 with minimal baggage. One sled in the trailer so maybe 450 Lbs.

It only tripped the alert a few times and it was at really slow speeds like coming to a stop sign which is really weird. I hit more bumps at speeds that would cause the suspension to cycle harder.

There is absolutely nothing in the manual or online that I found on this alert.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
22 limited max with 302A package and HD tow. I didn’t think it has ccd or ordered with it but I guess it could. How do I know that on the vin code? It does not list it on the build spec but will look again I guess.

My wife and 2 kids, 4 and 6 with minimal baggage. One sled in the trailer so maybe 450 Lbs.

It only tripped the alert a few times and it was at really slow speeds like coming to a stop sign which is really weird. I hit more bumps at speeds that would cause the suspension to cycle harder.

There is absolutely nothing in the manual or online that I found on this alert.
Do you have the 22Inch wheels?

Worth a question to the dealer next time you have it in. But I would lean towards the CCD acting like the scale system from 21+. Might be something that was accidently enabled like @dlcorbett mentioned above.

OP
OP
S

Slammer10

Reaction score
Yup it has 22s

Sounds good, I’ll ask them next time in there but I’m doubt they will know what I’m asking them lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971