2nd expedition, traded 2020 for 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020ExpyPlatinum

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted to update you that the waste gate rattling issue is not present on the 2021 with 7,000 miles like it was on the 2020.

I talked to ford directly when we owned the 2020 and they refused to fix it. If my wife wasn't in love with the car I would have got rid of it all together.

An 80,000 vehicle should not rattle like a Kia with 200,000 miles on it.

I will also note that the wind noise coming from the drivers mirror is still present and a member here came up with a fix for that.

For those of you that own this vehicle, do a test for me.

Cruising at 60mph if you press the gas pedal to the floor, does the transmission jerk and slam hard on you? Second test is to put the vehicle in neutral when you are going 30mph, press the gas to rev the engine. Does the transmission clunk? I can't figure out why the vehicle would clunk when supposedly the transmission is in neutral.

I had to make a quick manuever on the highway that resulted in me stepping on the gas hard at 60mph. The transmission really hesitated and clunked once it did engage almost as if the transmission was trying to downshift and got caught in between gears maybe?

In conclusion the 2021 has some of the same issues the 2020 had. I can deal with most of the issues, just thank God those turbo waste gates aren't rattling yet :: knock on wood ::