2nd Gen 3" Body lift COMPLETE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ranger4219

Reaction score
Been a Ford fan for years looked into the Expeditions but it seems the aftermarket coverage was thin to none.
But after seeing this WOW!

The X looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

robuilt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How did the steering linkage go, no problems there with it being too extended?
How did you actually lift the body once it was off the frame?

You typically lift one side at a time Loosen all bolts Leave the opposite side loosened to where the.bolts are still attached and wont fall out but have plenty of play

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What suspension did you use for the 3" lift? Having trouble finding anything to replace my air suspension with that doesn't just put it back to the OEM height.

Maybe we'll get that write up in 2021!

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What suspension did you use for the 3" lift? Having trouble finding anything to replace my air suspension with that doesn't just put it back to the OEM height.

Maybe we'll get that write up in 2021!

Umm, there is none, unless you can weld and fabricate. Body lift and leveling kits are the only way.

With body lifts, not much need for a write up. You make the stuff you need in the thickness you want, unbolt the body, raise, stick the blocks in, bolt it back down and lengthen the few things you need.

Really not much to it. These newer vehicles are a lot "cleaner", ie; easier to body-lift than say a '70's truck where brake lines, fuel line, radiator hoses, electrical, shifters, clutch linkages, etc would have to be altered...

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Umm, there is none, unless you can weld and fabricate. Body lift and leveling kits are the only way.

With body lifts, not much need for a write up. You make the stuff you need in the thickness you want, unbolt the body, raise, stick the blocks in, bolt it back down and lengthen the few things you need.

Really not much to it. These newer vehicles are a lot "cleaner", ie; easier to body-lift than say a '70's truck where brake lines, fuel line, radiator hoses, electrical, shifters, clutch linkages, etc would have to be altered...

I' ve got a mig and a tig and a 9000lb lift. The OP of this thread said he has a 3inch suspension lift, I was hoping to see what he did.