2nd Gen 3" Body lift COMPLETE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There used to be a company (can't recall their name) who made a brief run of suspension lifts for these rigs.

Or so I've read.

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it was rize. They seem to have been long gone. My most recent plan is to try to use 150 parts, as there are a plethora of options for those. I'm reading through the forums now to try to find more info, haven't found too much about people putting in f150 parts though. Seems like the front end should go in without too much trouble but the IRS may be an issue. I need to find someone with a 2nd gen 150 that I can steal for a day and put it up on my lift to see how much work it will be to custom fit the lift kits from those onto my expy.

Either that or start saving up for some triple bypass Shocks from fox and go crazy with the plasma cutter and TIG.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What suspension did you use for the 3" lift? Having trouble finding anything to replace my air suspension with that doesn't just put it back to the OEM height.

Maybe we'll get that write up in 2021!

Pretty sure Josh used spacers to get the 3.5" suspension lift before he added the 3" body lift. Check out some of his earlier posts.

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sure Josh used spacers to get the 3.5" suspension lift before he added the 3" body lift. Check out some of his earlier posts.

I saw that the other week, thank you though! When I heard suspension lift I thought he meant he got a lift....via the suspension lol. Not spacers. Semantics.

Was talking to a fleet manager of my local ford dealership this weekend though and he told me that they have done multiple true suspension lifts on 3 or 4 different expy's, and he gave me the cell # of the shop owner. I'm going to try to get in touch with him and pick his brain to see what I can come up with for my rig, I'll be sure to keep everyone here posted on what I find out!