2nd Generation Alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JNT1

Reaction score
Does anyone one know the output of a second gen alternator? Were there different factory options? My expedition is a 2005

Joe

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are 2 outputs...110 and 130...go 130 and you'll be good unless youre running audio system then i would suggest a high output alt...where in VA?

OP
OP
J

JNT1

Reaction score
Cool thanks. I'm in Arlington. No sound system in my truck. I'm going to add some lights and I do run a cooler that plugs into my cigarette lighter for road trips. Will go with the 130

Joe

BigDaddy13440

Reaction score
Cool thanks. I'm in Arlington. No sound system in my truck. I'm going to add some lights and I do run a cooler that plugs into my cigarette lighter for road trips. Will go with the 130

Joe

If you can afford to wait for shipping, I picked up a 130amp alternator on E-bay for $85, shipped to my door. The local Advance Auto had it for $200 plus tax....

Ford 6g IR If Alternator 8303 | eBay

I found a couple of 200 amp ones for under $140, but was hesitant to pull the trigger. Don't have a system or navigation on mine, thought it would be overkill.

OP
OP
J

JNT1

Reaction score
Thanks I ended up ordering one off Amazon for $135. It's a 135 amp and the shipping was free and fast.

Joe

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont be scared of ebay...just buy from companies selling like carid who is in our vendor section...they sell on ebay...do that and u wont have any probs...I buy most of my stuff from ebay...from companies...not individual ppl selling stuff