2nd row climate control removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same feelings. But don't worry, when demand slows a bit, the real pain will come for them. Greed has consequences. When you try to squeeze every dollar out of something, eventually things go south. All those components could have been made here.
But instead THEY chose to buy cheap junk from China and POCKET the additional savings VS buying stuff here in the US. That should have been limited years ago, but it wasn't, so here we are being China's B***h.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Unless the new vehicle purchase is required (ie no existing vehicles or replacing a wrecked one) I would hold off as long as possible on getting something new. Having a bunch of “we owe” paperwork just sounds like waiting indefinitely for the part(s), then waiting for a service appointment along with everyone else that also have the we owe stripped down models.
My experience and opinion it’s not worth the hassle/frustration. But that’s just me, to each their own.

Heck I can’t even get a service appointment for a month out on my 19 that was built pre-pandemic on things that should be working.

erikwr

Reaction score
I ordered a Platinum in December that is also scheduled the week of June 13. Back in March, I had the dealer check and they assured me the Multi-Contour Massage seats were still “in the build”. Now that my Window sticker is finally available. It shows the massage seats as removed with a $300 credit. Two texts to my salesman have gone unanswered. Ford charges $575 to add massage seats (which are apparently available) in the second row of Navigators, but only credits $300 to remove them in Expeditions. If this is temporary, a will be installed in 3 months, that’s one thing.
If not, its starting to look like there may be a Denali Ultimate in my future.
Six months order time and they arbitrarily remove features they still sell in other cars.
Not saying I’ll never buy another Ford. But I won’t be ordering, if it’s not on the dealers lot, there are other car companies.
I’m thinking someone at Ford seriously misjudged this.

Jarf11106

Reaction score
I ordered a Platinum in December that is also scheduled the week of June 13. Back in March, I had the dealer check and they assured me the Multi-Contour Massage seats were still “in the build”. Now that my Window sticker is finally available. It shows the massage seats as removed with a $300 credit. Two texts to my salesman have gone unanswered. Ford charges $575 to add massage seats (which are apparently available) in the second row of Navigators, but only credits $300 to remove them in Expeditions. If this is temporary, a will be installed in 3 months, that’s one thing.
Six months order time and they arbitrarily remove features they still sell in other cars.
Not saying I’ll never buy another Ford. But I won’t be ordering, if it’s not on the dealers lot, there are other car companies.
I'm in the exact same boat. Unfortunately. Our plat max will also be missing the active park assist and the hands free rear lift gate. Without these standard platinum features is it really a platinum anymore?

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm in the exact same boat. Unfortunately. Our plat max will also be missing the active park assist and the hands free rear lift gate. Without these standard platinum features is it really a platinum anymore?
First, they are not exclusive to the Platinum.

Last, both are features that I have zero use for so I would not have minded if mine were not included. LOL

OP
OP
K

kjtully

Reaction score
Same here. I talked to my sales rep about the Multi-Contour seats and they are permanently removed, no to-be-added-later situation. The rear climate controls will get their chip in 6 - 9 months. I figure they are putting what MCM seats they have in the Navigators.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right, and in the meantime you can control the rear climate from the front controls.
If you have kids, you don't want those controls anyway. I have a button pusher that sits in the second row. I'll send you my panel. Ha! Wish it wasn't there.