2nd row headrests

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UncleDJ

Reaction score
I've a 14 Expy Limited and the PO had installed aftermarket 2nd row headrests with DVD players in them. The DVD players don't seem to work...light up, but won't load the discs.
Anyway, I really don't care about the DVD players and would like to put normal headrests back in.
OEM are hard to find and expensive, but I see that headrests from other Ford vehicles are plentiful and inexpensive.
Question:
Are the ford headrests interchangeable? I've seen some sets out of some smaller Ford cars that are small enough that I don't think they'll hit the front seats when folded down.
The ones that are in there now hit the front seats when folded down unless the front seats are moved forward first.
Just wondering if I'm stuck having to get Expy headrests or if the mounting is fairly universal amongst Ford vehicles.:shrug:

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OEM expedition headrests are hinged in and of themselves. There's a strap that you pull to flip them down before flipping the seat down. At least that's how my 08 is....

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The seats USUALLY fold even with the headrests up though

Aftermarket 2nd row DVD (1st row headrests) or aftermarket 2nd row headrests with 3rd row DVD?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360