3:73 gears and activex seating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems that everything today is connected to silicon valley. When buying anything we have more choices for electronics that actual quality of the items we purchase. Like a fridge that will call us to let us know we need to buy more catchup, or some such electronic convenience. I will not carry a phone connected to the world to record my every move. Or electronic conveniences to help me to what I end up doing myself again to get it right. Convenience is not worth it, for me.

As for Ford quality, I think it has fallen past acceptable levels. Either it is from cheap design labor or cheap materials or cheap assembly labor, it is not the Ford we once could buy.

OP
OP
X

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
I would have pulled the trigger on an Expedition already but all of the 2018 with in 100 miles of me have the $1500 sun roof or a voice nav and driver assistance for another $1500 I think that the tow package with 4 wheel low and electronic locking diff is a much better deal for $1500 in my opinion. Unfortunately I might just end up getting a 2018 with out the tow package. Does the standard rear have a limited slip or just an open diff?

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sunroof or FX4 package? I reject this false choice! (Heck, I even added the towing package and the driver assistance package.*) More seriously though, have you actually walked in to a couple of your local dealers and talked to them? Dealers can and do trade amongst themselves (usually within a state). Your dealer may be happy to have a sale and the other dealer may be happy more than happy to get rid of an unloved sunroof-less model to get something that sells faster...

The other option is, if you know what you're willing to pay for the towing package/no sunroof configuration and it's not "cheapest possible configuration plus a screaming deal plus all available factory incentives plus full retail value for my trade" or "lowest advertised price I've seen on the tarted up version minus the full sticker price of the options I don't want", there's likely a non-zero chance you can find a dealer willing sell you the truck he has for the price you're willing to pay even if it has a sunroof...

*Not that Nav though. Why use that when CarPlay and android auto are standard?