30" Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of my truck sponsors is offering Hanning LED Bars and want to get one for the expy since its now the "road trip" vehicle. I have a 20" Rigid Industries on my F150 but have enough room in the expy for a single row 30" he offered to send me.

I guess my question is what would it take to mount one of these bad boys in there? Has anyone done this? Im looking at the opening in the bumper either top or bottom slot or would it be best to put behind the grill?

Hanning 30″ Single Row LED Light Bar | Boost-Bars

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

OP
OP
Otters07

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well got my light bar. Planning to mock up this weekend. Guess I will do a write up since nobody else had done this before...

IMG_4564.JPG

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well got my light bar. Planning to mock up this weekend. Guess I will do a write up since nobody else had done this before...

Looking forward to see what you come up with. I was planning on getting a light bar in the future, but wasn't quite sure what to mount it to yet.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I can provide a write-up based upon my experience.

I live in a suburban area and often drive in rural areas nearby. The "fad" now is for pickup truck owners to mount this type of light bar near the front license plate bracket area, then drive the trucks at night with the headlights turned off and the parking lights turned on. They operate with the light bar illuminated which temporarily blinds oncoming drivers and often is not focused properly. I have no doubt this operation violates State law, but have never seen one of the vehicles stopped.

I hate the light bars because they are blinding to oncoming drivers and can not be focused properly like the 2 / 4 factory headlamp systems.

I own a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I live in a suburban area and often drive in rural areas nearby. The "fad" now is for pickup truck owners to mount this type of light bar near the front license plate bracket area, then drive the trucks at night with the headlights turned off and the parking lights turned on. They operate with the light bar illuminated which temporarily blinds oncoming drivers and often is not focused properly. I have no doubt this operation violates State law, but have never seen one of the vehicles stopped.

I hate the light bars because they are blinding to oncoming drivers and can not be focused properly like the 2 / 4 factory headlamp systems.

They'd nail them for that here.

I'm considering one for use on state/national park lands. I hike late and usually don't see a single car for a good 30-40 minutes (until I hit the interstate). The wildlife are coming from all directions at that hour though, so I could use all the light I can get.

OP
OP
Otters07

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Yeah I am adding this for dark country roads but NOT in place of headlights. Mostly to help with deer and other potential roadkill and save the front end. Most are "offroad use only" anyway except on my F150 I have the Rigid Dot Approved Dually lights in place of my factory fog lights. They are bright but have a super focused beam with a projector style cutoff to keep from blinding other drivers. I use those on the roads with no problems...now the 20" bar on the truck. Nada. It would burn drivers retinas out it's so bright :naughty:

Chris_H

Reaction score
I attempted to get mine mounted higher, but the frame rails offered very solid mounting points. I have it wired so it is on with the high beams.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Otters07

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I attempted to get mine mounted higher, but the frame rails offered very solid mounting points. I have it wired so it is on with the high beams.

Would you mind sharing some pictures of how you mounted? That's exactly where I want to hide this one.