315/70/17 Fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MissileMech

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. That is an awesome fitment tool. It looks like I should be fine with the new setup but the articulation is where I may run into some issues. Once I get everything installed I will take it out and get some full travel suspension testing done out on one of the trails and report back.

OP
OP
ExpeditionUser

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
I ordered my wheels yesterday!!

Level 8 Tracker 17"

I'm thinking I might backdown off of the 315's for now :-/
I'm going to get Treadwright Guard Dogs, and if I get the 285's they are cheaper, but also have free shipping.
Grrrrr decisions, decisions.
What do you guys think?

OP
OP
ExpeditionUser

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
The trigger hath been pulleth'd!

Treadwright ran an irresistible Black Friday deal, free shipping on all tires, any size.

So I'm going with the 315/70/17 Guard Dogs with Kedge Grip. Go big or go home I guess LOL.

Link to tires for those interested:
Treadwright Guard Dogs 315/70/17

My opinion and feedback to follow!!

MissileMech

Reaction score
Tried to put on my wheels and 315s the other day and discovered I need spacers. So I would say that if you have a backspace of 5" you need a -25 offset. My current wheels are 9" wide, 5" backspace, 0 offset. The spacers should be in soon so I will post when I get it done.

OP
OP
ExpeditionUser

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
Tried to put on my wheels and 315s the other day and discovered I need spacers. So I would say that if you have a backspace of 5" you need a -25 offset. My current wheels are 9" wide, 5" backspace, 0 offset. The spacers should be in soon so I will post when I get it done.

Oh man, that doesn't sound nice. I see that you have the Ranchos on your expy. I'm hoping that by running the ReadyLift spacers I have which are 3/2 (Front / Rear, respectively) I will be able to squeeze these tires in there like DetroitDarin has done. If not, then this is going to suck bad.

MissileMech

Reaction score
Here are the wheels. 1.5" (38mm) spacers and the wheels barely fit. If I had it to do all over again I would have gone with 18" wheels to provide more clearance for calipers and tape weights inside the wheel. Next I am removing the steps.

WP_20141130_0013_zps89a9ccf0.jpg

OP
OP
ExpeditionUser

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
Looks great! I will have pictures up of my project too. My tires are shipping today and my suspension pieces will be here Wednesday. I wonder what I'll be up to this weekend?!

Would you mind sharing your source for the spacers? Just in case I end up needing them.