315/70/17 Fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ExpeditionUser

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
Okay, the tires arrived today. I'm so pumped to get these on. I have to say that for a re-tread, these things look gorgeous. We'll see how they balance out though.

I'll be doing the install on Dec. 20 or 21, will post before and after photos.

For now here are some photos of the tires, and an odd FedEx truck.

CAM01127.jpg

CAM01128.jpg

CAM01129.jpg

CAM01126.jpg

MissileMech

Reaction score
Steps off. Just need rock sliders and small steps for wheeling.

WP_20141205_004_zps09c9fe2f.jpg

I have 3" rubber fender flares on the way also.

095f8845-164f-4ae2-bb97-46b1d8d395e0_zps2027a974.jpg

Christmas tree hunting in 55 degree weather. We are heading up a jeep trail on the front range. The portion you see is (hard to tell in the pic) about a 15 deg incline. The trail got much narrower, off angle, and steeper as we went up the hill. Unfortunately we didn't get picks of that portion because we were all hanging on and folding up mirrors to get through the trees. Great fun!!!

WP_20141206_016_zpsac62800e.jpg

Last edited:

MissileMech

Reaction score
Okay, the tires arrived today. I'm so pumped to get these on. I have to say that for a re-tread, these things look gorgeous. We'll see how they balance out though.

I'll be doing the install on Dec. 20 or 21, will post before and after photos.

For now here are some photos of the tires, and an odd FedEx truck.

CAM01127.jpg

CAM01128.jpg

CAM01129.jpg

CAM01126.jpg

You are going to love the new setup. I cant wait to see the pics!

OP
OP
ExpeditionUser

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
@MissileMech: Looking good buddy! How is the Expy handling with the tires sticking out that far? Just curious because I almost got some wheels that would have pushed my tires out further, which is a look that I like, but ran into some info about "scrub radius". Supposedly too much or too little scrub radius can introduce some feeling of instability in the handling. After reading about that I settled on the 12mm offset wheels vs. the -10mm offset wheels.

MissileMech

Reaction score
It feels fine on the highway and I am now happy they are out that far because I have never felt so secure wheeling on a steep angle than with this setup. The only issue is the rubbing. I have trimmed some of the bumper but it will require more aggressive trimming of the plastic in front and back of the wheel well. Also, once you put on the struts and lift spacers get it aligned. The lift made mine go out of alignment more than just a little in caster and toe.

OP
OP
ExpeditionUser

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
Yes sir! I spent this last Sunday getting the lift on, and then finished up the wheel and tire swap Monday.

So new part consist of:
Readylift 3/2 spacers
New lower ball joints (Moog)
New upper control arms(Front)
New strut assemblies ( All 4 )
And of course new wheels and tires!

The 315's bolted up for me with enough clearance for mounting. I did have to trim the bottom of the front bumper to avoid rubbing it while turning and backing up.

These pictures are at the alignment shop, but before an alignment. More updates to follow as I am not yet happy with my Treadquarters "alignment". I have a pretty hard pull to the right after alignment. However, I'm going back in tomorrow and I'll be watching them align it this time. Also I may need to pay them, or some shop, to balance the tires for me ( I balanced them with my Harbor Freight bubble balancer).

CAM01146.jpg

CAM01145.jpg

MissileMech

Reaction score
Looks good and glad to hear there were few issues. I think my Katana wheels have too small an inner diameter. Can I ask what wheels you have?