315s on stock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge Gudino

Reaction score
Ok hi guys theres alot of debate on wheather 315/70r17 should be ran on a 17”x7.5” wheel. I will be doing a leveling kit on my expy which will be 3.5” upfront and 2.5” in the rear. Would appreciate if anyone knows if the tires will fit on the wheel

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 315/70-17 really needs a 10" wide rim. I don't know if you will find a tire shop that's willing to try and put them on the Expy's 8" rim. You should talk to some of your local tire shops and see what they say. Maybe if you were going to buy from them they would try it but who knows. The biggest I've seen on the stock rim is the 285/70-17... a 33" tire.

MrBlargMan

Reaction score
Where'd you get that bumper @MrBlargMan ?

It is called a bull bar. It is just an addition that bolts on to where your front tow hooks go.
They can be found abundantly online for around $100 - $200.
I believe the LED light bar is a 20". A 22" will also likely fit in the same location.
I used a piece of heavy duty square stock steel and long grade 8 bolts to space down and still utilize one of the front tow hooks.