3rd gen expedition lift question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt b

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2011 Expedition El Xlt 4x4. I am having a lot of trouble finding a lift kit. All I really see is 3" spacer kits. I am hoping for a 5"-6" lift but can't find any options. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You probably can't.

You should be able to shoehorn in a front suspension lift kit from an F150, but the rear suspension is different, not built from F150 parts.

You'd probably be forced to settle for 4/2 or maybe 5/3 with spacers in the rear. Anything more than 3" will also require new front suspension parts - control arms etc. - designed for lifted F150s.

If you JUST want it ~5 inches taller, the accepted affordable and stable strategy is:

1. 3/2 lift (spacers or shocks)
2. 35's

Iirc you'll end up ~4.5" higher up front, 3.5" in back... possible more (like 5-6.5") if you currently have worn down tires and tired old shocks

On the bright side, this is widely considered safe stable long-lasting and non-problematic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Matt b

Reaction score
Thank you, sucks not many options for these years of expedition. Mind boggling

smahaffy

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2011 Expedition El Xlt 4x4. I am having a lot of trouble finding a lift kit. All I really see is 3" spacer kits. I am hoping for a 5"-6" lift but can't find any options. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks
The issue past the 3” lift spacers is the rear end wishbone wont fit well unless you make some custom modifications

The front you have to change out the contol arms over 2” lift.

They didnt think through this option with this vehicle and went more for comfort and soccer moms versus off roading or overlanding.