3rd row seat compatibility: 2nd and 3rd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deaningraham

Reaction score
The 3rd row seating in the 3rd Gen expedition sucks and is incredibly uncomfortable. By any chance will the 2nd Gen 3rd row seats fit in a 3rd Gen expedition?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What about the seats don't you like? The seats between the two aren't much different.

OP
OP
D

deaningraham

Reaction score
What about the seats don't you like? The seats between the two aren't much different.
They foldimg headrests make them uncomfortable.

When the headrests are folded down they stick out too far, when they are folded up, the cavity is so deep that it is awkward and uncomfortable.

I've sat in both Gen 3rd row seats and there is a huge difference in comfort. Unfortunately, when I bought the newer generation expedition, I didn't realize that the back seat was so different.

Dleeb

Reaction score
Currently installed 3rd row from a 2004 into a 2016. Of course the upholstery was different, but the fit perfect. The 16 is a 119” not extended length, same with 04. I highly recommend the Pull-A-Part salvage yard. The 16 was a five passenger, went to the salvage yard picked up seats, belts, trim pieces, bolts and all hardware. 1 hour of work, and $139 walked out with a very nice 60/40 set of leather seats. Also the headrest slide down flush not that uncomfortable head rest in the 16. p.s. we used manual fold seats.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01