4.6l killing tps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grayson87

Reaction score
Arround this time last year I replaced the tps on my truck, it took and killed 3 sensors until one finally worked, last week it killed another sensor and 2 more have been put on and its killed them both within a few days, the sensors do work when first put on and I confirmed with tps live view aswell as back probing the connector. Are these sensors just crap and die that easily or could something else be going on? The sensors I've put on have been a mix of Motorcraft, duralast silver and duralast gold. Currently, at idle I get 5 volts signal and .98 volts output when it's working right but it will randomly drop to .3 volts or so. Any help/advise is much appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230109_094825.jpg
    20230109_094825.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
G

grayson87

Reaction score
Update: put another new tps on, tps still bouncing between 0%and 20%, truck is now idling arround 1500 rpm this started before the new sensor was put on.

OP
OP
G

grayson87

Reaction score
Repaired! If anyone out there is looking for an answer for their car, mine was a shorted wire, I ran a new signal and output wire straight from the tps to the pcm (top wire on tps to pin 90 bottom wire on tps to pin 89) cutting the wire about 6 inches from the pcm and soldering the new one to that and then 3 layers of heat shrink and 3 wraps of electrical tape on either end and it works like new! I've attached a pic of pcm pin layout since i could only find it on shopkey.