4 x 4 actuator relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geno001

Reaction score
Hello All;

Anyone know where the above relay is located on a 2004 ford expedition. I had an unfortunate mishap. I reached for the switch to shift from 4 high to 2 high and bumped it in the opposite direction into 4 low. Luckily I was moving very slowly. Unfortunately I had to take the shift motor off and shift it manually. Now when I actuate the switch it won't move the motor and I cannot hear the relay clicking anymore.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
G

geno001

Reaction score
Alright, I found it. Left side B Pillar. I can't seem to fix my problem, was driving along at 5 mph in 4 high and accidentally bumped the selector switch into 4 low. It engaged with a harsh clunk and worked fine in 4 low. However, it will not shift out of 4 low. I had to drive about 8 miles to get to tools. (Transfer case works fine) I took the shift motor off and manually put in 2 high then drove home 180 miles with no problems. I can't get the motor to shift. I took the little gear box apart and everything seems fine. When I plugged it back in I was able to cycle through 4L, 4H and 2H 1 time then it stopped working again. No blown fuses I can find. I plugged in a different 4x4 control module and still not working.

Suggestions please??