42" Lightbar Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RANDAL CHAO

RANDAL CHAO

Reaction score
The photo album is here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zcw9u6pgVgxbEga48

Brief Summary:
- Bolt brackets (facing inward) to plastic platform just under the grill. The plastic platform is hollow but two layers about 1" apart, Sturdy enough for the pretty light weight lightbar
- Light bar is not that deep, the curve hugs the grill curve pretty well. Leave enough space for the air flow. And not protruding the front bumper.
- Route the wire behind grill, tucked to the side, not in the way radiator shutter.
- Zip tie rest of harness in the engine compartment.
- Route remote switch wire through firewall using existing conduit. (Don't bother punching a new hole, such a pain).
- Super glue the switch next to DRL switch panel.
- Front proximity sensor works. So not an issue
- Tried several brand 42" light bar. This one fits well: 1. light weight 2. Only 1" deep from anchor bolt, so can be anchored to the platform just below the grill. 3. The brackets are reversible (with locking marks on both sides) Can be installed facing inward to sace space
- Total cost: $80 OEDRO light bar; $10 2.5" bolt/locking nut/washer accessories; 2 hours installation time.

Downside:
- Block the front camera a bit. So if you depend on front camera to feel the front space. This may not work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RANDAL CHAO

RANDAL CHAO

Reaction score
It will be too bright to take meaningful pictures. I can however take a video this evening and show the effect when turning this on/off compared to hi/lo beam. The light bar has very good coverage probably over 100 yard. Don't think it focus well beyond that. For the price, I am satisfied with the result.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice job, I love the look of it - does anyone have any ideas for the same thing but on a 3rd gen (2017) expy my dad says no but I'm obviously going to put one since its my vehicle I just cant make up my mind for if I want to do a license plate mount one (22" like I had on my jeep), one behind the grille, or a slim light bar off of the roof racks. Any comments would be appreciated thanks

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice job, I love the look of it - does anyone have any ideas for the same thing but on a 3rd gen (2017) expy my dad says no but I'm obviously going to put one since its my vehicle I just cant make up my mind for if I want to do a license plate mount one (22" like I had on my jeep), one behind the grille, or a slim light bar off of the roof racks. Any comments would be appreciated thanks

I got mine from F-150 LEDs and it’s amazing. Also has a wireless module and strobe functionality. It’s pricey, but worth every penny. Took about an hour to install and wires up to battery.

It’s ignorantly bright, can be operated from outside the vehicle with remote, and the curve is perfect for the bumper. I also reverse mounted the brackets to make it tamper / theft proof and look better after install. Lights up the road in front over a football field length and very thin, doesn’t go past the lowest vent in grill.

235e933980894f4c31a4c7a3b95d922f.jpg
432a0506d5d4d63c8e7bca5180358fda.jpg
7f007ca30b304fd0be79945d6e731182.jpg
939aac5fc7a3b22acff49c497b128fb9.jpg
45f3e27e342f3c2010363e00f7fa4586.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Big H,
I love your set up. Just looked it up. $340.00 is super cheap compared to Baja Design or Rigid. I was going to get the LGE-CTS bar that goes in the lower grill insert, but was concerned with the cooling since I tow all the time. This looks like a great place to have a good light, easy install and not a huge impact on airflow. Great find. Ordered one up. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360