4th Gen Expy Ditch lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are quality ditch light brackets available for the current generation Expedition? Or if the ones for F-150 will work without cutting anything on the hood or cowl area?
Thanks in advance for information and photos!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are quality ditch light brackets available for the current generation Expedition? Or if the ones for F-150 will work without cutting anything on the hood or cowl area?
Thanks in advance for information and photos!
Welcome to the forum! I would think F150 pnes would work but not 100 percent sure

PHIL NOWASKI

Reaction score
I bought ditch light brackets from Zroadz and there was no cutting. Just used existing top fender bolts

Attachments

• DE953C62-505E-47C0-B30B-2B08F42288E3.jpeg
    DE953C62-505E-47C0-B30B-2B08F42288E3.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 81

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wasn’t sure what you meant by ‘ditch lights’ but it seems it’s another term for A-pillar lights? If so I used SDHQ A-Pillar brackets coupled with rigid lights.

OP
OP
doubleeagle45

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
Wasn’t sure what you meant by ‘ditch lights’ but it seems it’s another term for A-pillar lights? If so I used SDHQ A-Pillar brackets coupled with rigid lights.
Thanks - I came across SDHQ brackets in one of my searches, but was not sure which ones would be correct - seems like a lot of sites/companies gear everything toward F-150, Super Duty, or Ranger, etc. but they have absolutely no part listings for the Expedition. Guess I will just have to lean on the forum members like yourself for real-world information on what items work/are compatible with our trucks. Can I assume yours are the ones intended for an F-150 of the same year?
Really appreciate the information and the reply.

Edit - sorry, had those confused with another site. It looks like SDHQ actually has a listing for the Expedition so they go right to the top of the list.... ha! I tend to have a lead foot on highway runs, any big increase in wind noise when you added the brackets and A-pillar lights?

Last edited:

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
…... ha! I tend to have a lead foot on highway runs, any big increase in wind noise when you added the brackets and A-pillar lights?
No, I never noticed any mind noise at all. The vehicle is very quiet inside, except for tire noise (worn OEM Hankooks). I also have a pusher bar on front with lights, and don’t hear noise from that either.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, I just found this thread after hearing the term 'ditch lights' for the first time in another thread: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/30-lightbar-new-fogs-more.52308/post-481095 . I imagine these aren't actually street legal, but intent is to use them on narrow, deserted roads - right? Seems these would be awesome for those of us that live/ travel in deer country. Are you guys leaving them installed full time? I know this is blasphemy :) but wouldn't the lights get snagged in car washes?

AKDV

Reaction score
I'm wondering how much glare you will get off the hood in this location. Anyone with experience care to comment on that?

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, I just found this thread after hearing the term 'ditch lights' for the first time in another thread: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/30-lightbar-new-fogs-more.52308/post-481095 . I imagine these aren't actually street legal, but intent is to use them on narrow, deserted roads - right? Seems these would be awesome for those of us that live/ travel in deer country. Are you guys leaving them installed full time? I know this is blasphemy :) but wouldn't the lights get snagged in car washes?
I would think they might get snagged in car washes, yes. I’ve had a driving light dinged and a big chunk torn out of a pusher bar/brush guard.

Yes, they work great to light up the sides of the road (mine are pointing slightly out with amber covers).

Technically, they are for ‘off road use only’. I had mine wired such that the spots and ditch lights come on with high beams, only when the fog lights are on, but now come on with high beams (have a wiring issue I need to resolve).