4th Gen Expy Ditch lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm wondering how much glare you will get off the hood in this location. Anyone with experience care to comment on that?
Yes there is some ‘glare’, but really it just lights up the hood a little bit. Depends on the lights, I suppose. I’ve not really noticed it as a distraction, but then I have two spot lights at the front, also.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As an example of lighting with the addition of ditch lights.

First image is with headlights and fog lights (both LED replacements on an XLT).

Second is additional A-Pillar (ditch) lights pointing outwards, slightly, with amber covers, spot lights and High beams.

There’s slight illumination of the hood. There obviously would be more if the lights were forward facing more, but not excessive.

(Side note: I’ve found the amber covers light up critters a bit better - deer and coyote fur tends to wash out with the 6000k LED light temperature. Same with the foliage: if you look to the sides on the second image, there is slightly better color contrast on the left and right).

6873C035-738E-4EF9-A359-1F26316E26FA.jpegD25C3E89-B9B5-48F9-98CD-443EA3C29D78.jpeg