4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2018 Expedition Limited MAX this morning and by noon, I was already playing around with FORScan. Here is what I have found works so far.

Everything listed below has been confirmed working. If you find something you think is of interest that you have confirmed working, please feel free to add it here so we can build a google doc of all the available modifications.

Here is what I've come up with so far:

Code:
BdyCM    726-41-02    xxx0 xxxx xxxx    Disable No Key Present Double Honk

BdyCM    726-27-01    xxxx xxx0 xxxx    Enable Fogs On w/ LED headlamps

BdyCM    726-48-02    x0xx xxxx xxxx    Disable Auto Start Stop

APIM     7D0-01-01    xxxx xxxx xExx    Enable On-Screen H/C Seat Buttons

APIM     7D0-01-01    9xxx xxxx xxxx    Disable Sirius As Audio Source

APIM     7D0-02-01    5753 xxxx xxxx    Data Entry While Vehicle Moving

At this time, whenever I try to write anything to the IPC or DDM/PDM, I receive a "Service procedure has been interrupted." error so I will be sending log files to the FORScan people to see if they can resolve the issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FORScan is software that allows you to modify some of the settings of the vehicle that would otherwise only be available for change by a dealer technician.

The F-150 guys have put together quite a list of stuff that works for their trucks and while a good deal are specific to a particular vehicles or model years, some of those modifications work across several vehicles platforms and model years.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/new-forscan-whats-popular-changes-everyones-doing-392757/

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m debating on doing this, I’m assuming it’s the same lines of code for the Navigator. What obd dongle to you recommend? Is pc the best way to interface?

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m using the Bluetooth OBDLink MX. It’s a pretty robust VCI and it communicates on both the MS and HS CAN networks right out of the box x without having to modify anything. It does NOT work with Apple products but it’s much more stable than the wifi version that is and for what I purchased it for, I’ll take stability over versatility. The FORScan software requires a Windows PC to make changes to all the control units.

https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426101-OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B006NZTZLQ

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need the OBDLink MX VCI and a windows PC with the FORScan software installed, then you need to apply for the extended license so you can write to the blocks and then you can use it make all sorts of modifications, disabling auto start/stop being one of the more common made ones.

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or if you’re in the Chicago area, I’d be glad to make the changes for you.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will need the OBDLink MX VCI and a windows PC with the FORScan software installed, then you need to apply for the extended license so you can write to the blocks and then you can use it make all sorts of modifications, disabling auto start/stop being one of the more common made ones.
What’s the cost for the license? I’ve seen on a f150 forum lots of things that you can change and it looks neat, I’d probably make a few changes to my Navigator. What’s the actual risk of screwing up and bricking you truck?

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
FORScan is very powerful and allows you to access and change many settings within many systems of the vehicle. If you are careful, pay attention and stick to established, documented changes then it’s pretty simple and straightforward. It’s also kick ass and wonderful. But the potential is there to damage the truck. Always make backups of each module and save them before doing any changes whatsoever.
See the tutorial that Livinitup wrote on the F150 forum for a nice write up of the fundamentals.