4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI, I tried disabling ASS (auto start/stop) on a 2019 Expedition Ltd Max that was manufactured just a few weeks ago, and found that doing so produces the following warning on the vehicle on every engine start, and requiring clicking OK to dismiss:

"Charging System Service Soon"

Reverting BdyCM 726-48-02 to the original values prevents the warning from being displayed. Maybe the warning would've been harmless, but it might've annoyed the primary driver. :)

At least two other folks out there have encountered the same warning on 2019 Expeditions:
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/door-automatic-unlocking.38785/page-4
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9320

Of course, if anyone's also encountered this warning screen when disabling ASS, and found a workaround, that would be interested to learn.

Also, I understand that disconnecting the ASS battery sensor wire from the positive battery terminal is another method of easily disabling ASS. I haven't played with that yet to see if it produces warning screens as well. EDIT: It does.

Thanks,
Dan

If you can't get FORScan to cooperate for disabling the ASS, you may want to consider the Auto Stop Eliminator: https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/c4/auto-stop-start-disable-ford-expedition-2018-2019.html

Bulockay

Reaction score
Has anyone located the codes to allow a newly installed trailer brake controller to function? Checked Superduty, F150, etc. forums and those codes didn't work. I have an '18 Limited(no trailer tow package).
Maybe someone with an '18 Expy with the tow package including the trailer brake controller could post what they have for the 2 codes required? Would this work I wonder?

Bulockay

Reaction score
Maybe someone with an '18 Expy with the tow package including the trailer brake controller could post what they have for the 2 codes required? Would this work I wonder?
Sorry, the two code addresses are 720-04-01(activate gain control) and 720-07-01(activate trailer brake controller)

APCO_P25

Reaction score
Sorry, the two code addresses are 720-04-01(activate gain control) and 720-07-01(activate trailer brake controller)

Here are the Codes of my '18 Expi Platinum with TBC and Tow package
720-04-01 E003 0102 0012
720-07-01 8419 8EA0 0903

I hope it works

Last edited:

APCO_P25

Reaction score
Last edited:

mikeyanxu

Reaction score
Hello,

2019 Expy XLT.
I was trying to disable the auto start stop feature by following the forescan google doc sheet.

As instructed, under BCM 726-48-02, I changed it to x0xx xxxx xxxx. The second digit is the only thing that I changed.
I noticed that when writing, it says it is not correct and ask to double check if it is a typo. After I clicked yes, it will automatically change the last two digits from xx77 to xx78 then write the change to the module.

After power cycle, start the engine, an error message shows "service charging system soon". So I resumed the factory setting and confirmed that it indeed changed the xx77 to xx78 by itself.

Please help. What does the last two digits mean?
Apparently only changing the second digit from 1 to 0 does not work on 2019 Expy XLT.

I also did the DRL modification. I did the FOG light for DRL plus the parking lights. I did all this work last night so couldn't verify the change. It would just automatically turn on the headlight low beam since it was dark outside. I thought I can trick the vehicle by shinning a flashlight at the light senor on the dash. Man, how silly I was. LOL. Anyways, started the truck up this morning and the mod works.
How does the vehicle know when to turn on headlights?

Mothnuts

Reaction score
Hello,

2019 Expy XLT.
I was trying to disable the auto start stop feature by following the forescan google doc sheet.

The auto start stop disable doesn’t work on ‘19’s yet. I tried and got the same message you did. It works on ‘18’s, but not ‘19’s. Works on ‘19 F150’s as well.

Bulockay

Reaction score
Here are the Codes of my '18 Expi Platinum with TBC and Tow package
720-04-01 E003 0102 0012
720-07-01 8419 8EA0 0903

I hope it works
You are a Saint sir, but I’m afraid I gave up and just had the dealership do the dirty deed for me as I had run out of time and had to use the trailer. Thank you so much for the response though!

spc19498

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to write to the IPC yet? I installed an oem brake controller and I’ve tried to write the values from the f150 and Expedition to the IPC but each time it says “the service was interrupted” and changed the values back to stock. Trying to avoid a trip to the dealership. 2018 Expedition Limited Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk