4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Discussion in 'FORScan' started by rcompart, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Bill Schell

Bill Schell Full Access Members

Just now pouring through the FORscan sub forum and seeing all the interesting and handy things this allows. Not sure I want to invest in the equipment and licensing (even free) just yet, but this post got me to wondering whether any of the changes owners make might void a warranty (original or extended) or perhaps more importantly open up legal issues should the vehicle be involved in an accident and a non factory setting is determined to be responsible.

2. Bill Schell

Bill Schell Full Access Members

That's hilarious. rolling.gif

I'm right there with you on kudos to this sub forums principal contributors. Good stuff and THANKS guys!

3. CHRIS JAMES

CHRIS JAMES Member

what i am reading suggests that there is a lot of great info out there for 2018's, but that forscan still may not be ready for 2019's with some of the mods. is that a true statement? i mainly want to disable auto stop, double honk and add daytime running lights.

4. ssmorga

ssmorga Member

I just got the wife a 2019 Expy XLT and somehow she has managed to turn off the Auto Start/Stop in the menu without the need for using ForScan to turn it off. Do y'all not have this option in the menu? She went into the Vehicle Settings menu in the Information Screen/Cluster, then went to Advanced Settings, then selected Auto Engine Off and disabled it. Haven't had an issue with the Auto Start/Stop kicking on since then ...... have yall tried that to get the Start/Stop to shut off?

5. Edistobob

Edistobob Full Access Members

If you dig a bit deeper you'll find that what she turned off was likely the "automatic engine shutdown" that shuts the engine off if it has been idling for an extended period of time. It can't be shut off permanently but turns back on at the next ignition cycle. Check the details in the "Starting and Stopping the Engine" section of the owners manual, "Automatic Engine Shutdown" . It is probably coincidental that you have not seen the Auto Start/Stop kick in; it does not operate under certain conditions.

AAOO likes this.