4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have spent an hour today trying to test settings. The BCM in the 2020 addressing is NOT the same. Nothing works. I stumbled across one thing that did, but it was a previous change I was trying. I think I can map it out, but I need to compare the 2019 file that Wakeboarder sent me line for line...and see if I can find the patterns & similarities. Have a message in to my friend on the FORSCAN dev team to see if he can find the pattern.

All but the Forward Distance Alert worked in the IPC that I tried.

In addition the 2020's only have 1 color LED's installed. I forced the change in the DDM, and they did not change color.

THANKS!

I was able to get the a few items to work:
  1. numbers over the gauges
  2. Seat Heat/Cool icons on center display
  3. Remove/Skip sirus/xm in audio choices.

I've been unable to get these items working:
  • BAMBI
  • Disable that dbl horn honk (no key present on exit)

I kinda miss the ambient lighting (that I had on the '17 Super Duty)...only because I prefer red interior lighting at night.
When I enabled the Lincoln display - I got all kinds of new "Lincoln" icons on settings....one of which included AMBIENT Lighting/brightness.

I'd much rather prefer "quick boot" screen and an (all) Black background over the gradient color stuff.

the Lincoln (black screen and quick boot) didn't stick for some reason - it had been working all day, took the Expy out to test the homelink on a gate and I noticed ALL the Lincoln stuff was gone....I've got ambient light (full bright, in blue, no colors options)...but the adjustment is gone from the menu too.

Im wondering if an update got slammed on me (ive turned auto updates OFF <again>)

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree that all 4 windows would be nice. I didn’t try enabling the global windows for the rear.

on our '20 Max I have Global window (up/down) on the advanced menu selection.
I finally tested it the other day and sure enough ALL 4 windows roll down (and up) via the remote.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally tested it the other day and sure enough ALL 4 windows roll down (and up) via the remote.
That’s awesome! I have the XLT so I don’t have the one touch up or down in the rear. I would have to install both rear door modules, new drivers window switch, window motors, harnesses and probably more just to make it a possibility.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
THANKS!

I was able to get the a few items to work:
  1. numbers over the gauges
  2. Seat Heat/Cool icons on center display
  3. Remove/Skip sirus/xm in audio choices.

I've been unable to get these items working:
  • BAMBI
  • Disable that dbl horn honk (no key present on exit)

I kinda miss the ambient lighting (that I had on the '17 Super Duty)...only because I prefer red interior lighting at night.
When I enabled the Lincoln display - I got all kinds of new "Lincoln" icons on settings....one of which included AMBIENT Lighting/brightness.

I'd much rather prefer "quick boot" screen and an (all) Black background over the gradient color stuff.

Correct, All the things you mentioned are NOT in the BCM(Body Control Module). That is where the difference is.

APIM and IPC appear to be the same.

I have a new test build from FORSCAN, and some direction from one of their devs. Going to do some testing in a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CGETX20

Reaction score

Hi Don, do you happen to be storing the codes that have worked for you on your 20? I'm having trouble getting anything to work, but I slowed down trying (out of concern) after my first several attempts mostly failed. Only thing I have working is the splash screen changed and I added heated/cooled seat button to the home screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Don, do you happen to be storing the codes that have worked for you on your 20? I'm having trouble getting anything to work, but I slowed down trying (out of concern) after my first several attempts mostly failed. Only thing I have working is the splash screen changed and I added heated/cooled seat button to the home screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Again, like I said above. The APIM, and IPC settings from 18/19 appear to work.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT make a change in the BCM based on previous years in the 2020. FORSCAN devs have confirmed it is NOT the same.

If you have made changes in the BCM, I suggest you restore ALL stock settings. It might have accepted the change...but you could have changed the default air pressure instead of Fogs on with High for example.

CGETX20

Reaction score
Again, like I said above. The APIM, and IPC settings from 18/19 appear to work.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT make a change in the BCM based on previous years in the 2020. FORSCAN devs have confirmed it is NOT the same.

If you have made changes in the BCM, I suggest you restore ALL stock settings. It might have accepted the change...but you could have changed the default air pressure instead of Fogs on with High for example.

I was concerned about that, so after the first few didn't work I stopped attempting to make changes.

Have you the "Load Factory" feature before? Do you think it would be safe on a 20? Seems like it pulls from a source online, but I'm not sure if that is correct. I'd like to do a full factory restore if its safe. Everything is working fine as far as I can tell, but it would be nice to start from scratch. I backed things up, but I had attempted 4 or 5 changes before doing so (stupid I know), but I only tried changes in the non-as built section. It would just be comforting if the "load factory" feature was reliable, cause then you could really try things out.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I got the codes from the 4th gen forum (where theyre talking about upgrading from Sync 3 to 3.4 -

https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...-of-ford-sync-3-to-the-latest-sync-3-4.42507/

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was concerned about that, so after the first few didn't work I stopped attempting to make changes.

Have you the "Load Factory" feature before? Do you think it would be safe on a 20? Seems like it pulls from a source online, but I'm not sure if that is correct. I'd like to do a full factory restore if its safe. Everything is working fine as far as I can tell, but it would be nice to start from scratch. I backed things up, but I had attempted 4 or 5 changes before doing so (stupid I know), but I only tried changes in the non-as built section. It would just be comforting if the "load factory" feature was reliable, cause then you could really try things out.

In all of my FORSCAN coding, I have never used the load factory. From years of messing with electronics and cars, I always save the stock Module config before I try a change. So sorry, I have no experience with it. If you have the screwed up version of FORSCAN(Non Test Flavor), and know what you changed in the Easy config area, go change them back. Then save a full copy of your BCM.

After that, load this version. Do not do that until you have flipped the settings you changed back.

http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.33.test20200425.exe

That is the version that has correct info in the Easy config area. I have done the following successfully using it.

Fogs as Cornering
FOgs on with High(Bambi)
Double Honk gone

Changed something else too, but those are the important ones!!

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.33.test20200425.exe

That is the version that has correct info in the Easy config area. I have done the following successfully using it.

Fogs as Cornering
FOgs on with High(Bambi)
Double Honk gone

Changed something else too, but those are the important ones!!

@LokiWolf -

Thank You!

Bambi (enabled) & Dbl Hork (disabled).

Are there available config changed for:

Fast Boot (infotainment)?
Door Chime (disable when running)?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member