4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@LokiWolf -

Thank You!

Bambi (enabled) & Dbl Hork (disabled).

Are there available config changed for:

Fast Boot (infotainment)?
Door Chime (disable when running)?

3.4 from the factory defaults to Fast Boot if I remember correctly.

The door chime should be in the Config. I didn’t set it, but pretty sure I saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3.4 from the factory defaults to Fast Boot if I remember correctly.

The door chime should be in the Config. I didn’t set it, but pretty sure I saw it.

mine boots the ford oval (and takes a while).
I thought I had the door chime turned off - but maybe not.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@LokiWolf - given the issues w/ the '20, which spreadsheet / link should we be using?

None currently. My contact at FORSCAN said I should use the As Built Data from a 2020 F150. He said the BCM's are the same. It looks like the F150 guys haven't really embraced the changes either, with some cursory reading I did.

Use the easy config section in FORSCAN. It has allowed me to make all the changes I currently want.

I will see if I can figure out the "Fast Boot" you are referencing. Not sure it is good for the APIM. Because in order to accomplish it, it is not letting the APIM power down. Basically extending the Sleep vs Shutdown time. Not good for a general PC, isn't good for the units in our cars either.

That is partially what I was talking about before with what some of these changes are called.

AS/S Disable for example should be called "TURN OFF BATTERY MANAGEMENT", it has the secondary product of preventing AS/S, but it also forces the charging circuit to run wide open all the time, since it has no idea what the battery charge is at.

Nav in Motion(NIM) should be called "SET YOUR APIM TO EUROPE", it has the secondary action of allowing you to mess with Nav while moving. It also affects some of the cool SiriusXM travel features we get for free for 5 years, and completely prevents the E911 feature from working. I have seen 1st hand what a great feature E911 is.

The "Fast Boot" feature is most likely extending the sleep vs shutdown time window, but I will look around.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good info @LokiWolf, thank you again!

I was able to get the door chime disable now too - using the IPC Easy config by changing

Chimes Vehicle running with door open - from manual trans to disable.

upload_2020-4-28_14-6-12.png

upload_2020-4-28_14-6-32.png

Reaction score
I thought I had backed up before my last update and apparently it didn't save. I tried to remove SiriusXM from sync menu and technically it worked, but it had some other changes that I don't want. I changed the first digit to 9 according to the spreadsheet and I want to put it back to factory. Can someone please share with me what that digit should be? I'm on a 2019 Expedition Max XLT 202A

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I had backed up before my last update and apparently it didn't save. I tried to remove SiriusXM from sync menu and technically it worked, but it had some other changes that I don't want. I changed the first digit to 9 according to the spreadsheet and I want to put it back to factory. Can someone please share with me what that digit should be? I'm on a 2019 Expedition Max XLT 202A

Go Into FORSCAN and that should be part of the APIM Easy Config area in FORSCAN. You should be able to turn SAT back on.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
screwing around last night I learned some stuff (purely by accident as per usual).
Im struggling to obtain the infotainment fast boot (no splash screen, no ford oval).

specifically (as discussed w/ @Lou Hamilton) from another thread I was wondering what the "C" option did in the APMI settings.

In the EASY config there is BRAND option (Ford, Lincoln or Configurable)....thats where the C bit comes in.
which allows you to select the splash screen you desire.

APIM - 7D0-01-02 **** xxxx xxxx Brand: 0=Ford, 8=Lincoln, C=Configurable Splash Screen (This is actually for the theme)
APIM - 7D0-02-01 xxxx x3xx xxxx Lincoln Black Label start-up screen

Once the C bit is set you can then go to the SPLASH Screen and change to one of several listed.
Im still struggling to set NO splash screen, always get the ford oval (or something else).

Screenshots as promised -
The bronco them is kinda cool.

upload_2020-4-29_13-20-30.png

upload_2020-4-29_13-20-44.png

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so @LokiWolf - I THINK I have fast boot working...BUT...I am not certain.

I maybe confused about what the splash screen IS.

I always get the FORD OVAL logo on shutdown, before starting after opening the door AND when I start the engine.

Is there away to get rid of the blue oval?

CGETX20

Reaction score
In all of my FORSCAN coding, I have never used the load factory. From years of messing with electronics and cars, I always save the stock Module config before I try a change. So sorry, I have no experience with it. If you have the screwed up version of FORSCAN(Non Test Flavor), and know what you changed in the Easy config area, go change them back. Then save a full copy of your BCM.

After that, load this version. Do not do that until you have flipped the settings you changed back.

http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.33.test20200425.exe

That is the version that has correct info in the Easy config area. I have done the following successfully using it.

Fogs as Cornering
FOgs on with High(Bambi)
Double Honk gone

Changed something else too, but those are the important ones!!

@LokiWolf - any updates to this test version I should know about? I'm about to get it set up and try it out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK