4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. Again. BCM codes for the 18-19’s DO NOT work on the 2020’s. You don’t need the actual codes, if you are running the newest FORSCAN software, it is in the easy selectable options. No need for the code!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry...just started playing with this last nite. I have 2.3.34beta. Where are the easy options located?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry...just started playing with this last nite. I have 2.3.34beta. Where are the easy options located?
Not sure that is the correct version. As long as it is equal to or later than the version posted in the 2020 thread you should be good.

There is BCM as Built, and the other BCM option. One is actual code, and one gives you drop down options. They won't all work for your vehicle, and if they don't it will tell you it can't make the change, or you can just switch it back and apply the previous setting.

It is the far safer way to do FORSCAN. Also, make sure you save a copy of your module before you start making changes, just in case.

The double honk does definitely work.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure that is the correct version. As long as it is equal to or later than the version posted in the 2020 thread you should be good.

There is BCM as Built, and the other BCM option. One is actual code, and one gives you drop down options. They won't all work for your vehicle, and if they don't it will tell you it can't make the change, or you can just switch it back and apply the previous setting.

It is the far safer way to do FORSCAN. Also, make sure you save a copy of your module before you start making changes, just in case.

The double honk does definitely work.

ok thanks. Ill look in lunch break. And yes.....things can go array fast! I changed one messing around and got serious warning lights and chimes and all kinds of error codes. Had to change back and clear all faults. About chit my pants. Truck has 400 miles on it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I am VERY comfortable with FORSCAN, and messing with our 2020 got hairy at the beginning, hence the 2020 thread.

I worked with a FORSCAN engineer to determine differences, and gave him copies of my modules in comparison to another member on here's 19, and they very quickly figured out what was going on. Bam, we had a version of FORSCAN that worked with the 2020 Expeditions.

FORD combined modules into the BCM that were previously separate. It is the same on my 2020 Explorer.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I am VERY comfortable with FORSCAN, and messing with our 2020 got hairy at the beginning, hence the 2020 thread.

I worked with a FORSCAN engineer to determine differences, and gave him copies of my modules in comparison to another member on here's 19, and they very quickly figured out what was going on. Bam, we had a version of FORSCAN that worked with the 2020 Expeditions.

FORD combined modules into the BCM that were previously separate. It is the same on my 2020 Explorer.

Ok that worked. Thanks. Now what else can i screw with......

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Upon doing this......does the dash still say door adjar or open or whatever? Just no chime?

Honestly not sure. Not sure I made that change. Need to look at something else tonight. I will add it my list to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpwiseman