5.4 3V Engine Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TuxBlk11Ltd

Reaction score
Hey guys, we purchased a 2011 Expy Limited for the new family ride. Been weighing my options as far as power adder's go and I'd really like to supercharge it. I'm a roots/twin screw style fan (best for towing) but nobody makes a kit for anything after 2010 in that style. So, with that said, I wanted to ask if anyone knows the differences between the 2008-2011 model years, and if so are they major? I'd actually looked into the Saleen or Roush supercharger from the 08-09' F150, but as I stated I have concerns if it's going to be a real chore making it work. Edelbrock does make a kit for up to 2010, and when I called their tech support, even they couldn't tell me the what makes them claim they don't work on the the newer models (2011-up). Appreciate the help.

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are no motor differences between 10 and 11,or 10 and 14 for that matter. Updated part numbers maybe for the VCT system and timing chains but no design changes. The reason you probably don't see anything listed for newer than 10 is because that's when the 5.4 was dropped from the high volume F150 production line. The motor soldiered on in the expedition unchanged until it was replaced by the ecoboost in 15.