5.4 Engine buildup- Any thoughts on upgrades etc?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could you find another bolt to secure it to? If it were my engine, I'd rather have that simple safety feature as functional as possible in the event it's actually needed.

OP
OP
joezek

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking like I can use both in the single location. I'm waiting for 5 star to give their opinion before they send a tune.

Also side note... Put the comp cams on the side. I went with the Ford Racing 6550 - 3v cams.... Sorry, wanted that sound lol. If it doesn't work out I'll swap in the comps. The Ford ones are very focused on power, those comps are spread out too thin across the power band plus try to make a super smooth idle

OP
OP
joezek

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well the Ford Racing cams aren't going to work out. 5 star said they'd be able to make it idle in gear with the stock converter but... No way. In gear it jumps and surges and bucks, have to power brake it. It feels the same as stock off idle to 3k. Falls dead at 4500.

Basically the truck has the truck intake that dies around 4500, and the cam really needs a stall converter, and long tube headers, true dual exhaust. I'm not going to completely change this thing that much just for that cammed idle.

Going back to plan A, comp cams 127050. I'm sure it'll be fine.