5.4 interchange 08 vs 12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodabdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,
I've got two vehicles here. First is 08 F150 5.4 flex fuel KR 2wd. Got it with oil pressure issues and sent motor out for rebuild.
Second vehicle is 12 expedition EL Limited flex fuel 4x4. I got the Expedition to have a daily while fixing the 08 F150. Third day I had it, Expedition dropped a valve.
Still tearing down expy motor, might get lucky and only need head work. Both motors are new plug design.
The 08 engine is about to be finished. I think I want to get the expy running first though. I'm considering putting the 08 long block motor in the 12 but wanted to verify a few things with your help. I've already got some new parts on hand too, originally purchased for the 08.

Any interchange problems on-
Accessory mounting holes?
Oilpans?
Exhaust manifolds ?
Motor mounts?
Coils?
Anything I'm missing here?

I realize that intakes, plumbing, all that is different. Mainly need to know if I can build up the long block 08 to be a 12 without any surprises. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
B

bodabdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got my engine back and installed. Found that the passenger exhaust manifold and intake manifold are different. Everything pertaining to the long block is a direct swap.