5.4L 3V and 3.5 Twin Turbo Counterfeit Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to warn all 3rd gen owners of these counterfeit plugs being sold on eBay and Amazon for both engines in this generation. I have seen a few users on the forums with plug failures and the electrode strap breaking off in the engine. BE CAREFUL!! These fake plugs have thin welds and are prone to breaking off metal bits in some model year engines. If you received Motorcraft plugs online and they have dark ink or old packaging you may want to dispose of them or return them....these also tend to lose plug torque and foul/misfire prematurely. Here is a video, things to check. It is hard to discern an oem plug vs the counterfeits which come in Ford packaging and are fake branded Ford:

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to warn all 3rd gen owners of these counterfeit plugs being sold on eBay and Amazon for both engines in this generation. I have seen a few users on the forums with plug failures and the electrode strap breaking off in the engine. BE CAREFUL!! These fake plugs have thin welds and are prone to breaking off metal bits in some model year engines. If you received Motorcraft plugs online and they have dark ink or old packaging you may want to dispose of them...these also tend to lose plug torque and foul/misfire prematurely. Here is a video, things to check. It is hard to discern an oem plug vs the counterfeits which come in Ford packaging and are fake branded Ford:

Funny but I just saw this a couple hours ago. They wouldn't go in the garbage, they would go back. Also, what does anybody know about the # 515 plugs? They are passed off as # 546 all over the net. They are the little older version and they show a 546 box and then somewhere below they say they are 515's. I think the 515 is improved from the earlier ones that break but are one heat range colder than the later 546.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Crap....did my plugs 15k ago, bought from amazon. Not sure if they were phony.

Going to buy a new set from a dealership and do them again.

Great info though....thank you scumbags who make this knock off junk.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap....did my plugs 15k ago, bought from amazon. Not sure if they were phony.

Going to buy a new set from a dealership and do them again.

Great info though....thank you scumbags who make this knock off junk.

If you go to the description in the video he has verified some Amazon sellers that sell the right stuff. One to check yours would be to get a new one and compare them.

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited: