5.4L 3V BEST Cam Chain Tensioner Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JustWarminup

JustWarminup

Reaction score
So just a all in all, it went well, still makes a small noise. Changed the oil pump. I'm guessing it's the o-Ring seal around the pickup tube. I didnt think about it needing to hold pressure, or maybe a gasket was needed behind those iron tensioners.

I replaced a manifold and decided that the other one is not worth it for all that tap and removal. and I'll wait till the motor goes bad, replace either the motor or heads up depending on what happens.

OP
OP
JustWarminup

JustWarminup

Reaction score
Found out the first noise was a roller that split. I removed all the pieces till I could assemble the part with none missing
Landed free of most moving parts but the cam found it a few times. So replaced that.
Checked all the rollers, replaced a lifter.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These engine make noise especially on older phasers. It’s usually just the lock pin wear and will not effect performance or be detrimental to the engine according to Fords documents. As long as you solved the oil starvation you should be ok.

OP
OP
JustWarminup

JustWarminup

Reaction score
have some seafoam in the oil to clean up the gunk for 2000miles, then I'm going to change to straight oil maybe some stabilizer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni