5.4L Fuel Injector O Ring In Spark Plug Well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was able to somehow turn it. going to leave it hopefully. now i can needle nose plier it out.0c9c1ee33d62521f4b4aa67d0293be4a.jpgecab927f98b1e3504a5af0375e227f76.jpgec6f8d984d73d398b3de2d162b603ff9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Somebody I know stole this from a Dentist once
a friend of mine, swears he'll never do it again
View attachment 29205

https://www.amazon.com/Professional...ol&qid=1553365878&s=automotive&sr=1-5-catcorr

i tried the Claw tool and it is able to get right on where it needs to be on the opposite all with the endoscope inside.
my friend came over yesterday but the extra long needle nose pliers werent able to open and dig to grasp on. no space for endoscope

https://www.amazon.com/Professional...ol&qid=1553365878&s=automotive&sr=1-5-catcorr

i ordered this dental tool along with an extra long straight pick to go along side so the oring wont dance around.

i will record my next few trys before i accomplish this. thinking of giving it a nice rinse with some carb or brake cleaner and air it out immediatly to get better grip without sludge.

i cannot stress this enough, but thanks alot to the people helping me out.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try a little fish hook, tie some line to it and take the extra long needle nose pliers and the endoscope to get it hooked real good.
Pull it up while watching with endoscope enough to get it with pliers.

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try a little fish hook, tie some line to it and take the extra long needle nose pliers and the endoscope to get it hooked real good.
Pull it up while watching with endoscope enough to get it with pliers.
EEEEYYYYY

LOL will try that smart!!! thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok finnaly got it out!!. on to the next set of problems. my friend forced the socket inthere and started to lefty loosey guessing at it and took out the socket and there was the damn spark plug. we used the endoscope to see where the tape and o ring whent and sure enough it was there, we tried to pick, drag, and claw tool it, and said whatever and blow gunned it, sure enough the tape came flying out. cylinder chamber saved. THANKS EVERYBODY.

it ended up being electrical tape with the o ring. i guess the previous owner tried to mess with it. smh. all the other ignition coils were loose. one of them was cross threaded inside the intake manifold?

so i guess in all this shuffle. i ended up loosing the PCV Valve Groumment and cant see to find it. i will do a search on ford parts.

also i found this T Shape Vacuum hoses that run to behind the battery box?? it was disconnected with a screw inside. and other side comming from the engine was taped off. my guess would be that box behind the battery is cracked?

would anybody have part numbers for the Groumment, Vacuum hoses, and that box?

vintageman

Reaction score
If you can see it in stuck in the spark plug threaded area, you can probably get a set of snap ring pliers, (they are very useful anyway) and stick the end in the spark plug hole after you are through the rubber O ring trying to remove, squeeze the handle (they will open at that point) and that should allow you to walk the O ring out. Similar things have happened to me a few times and the snap ring pliers have worked for me. Good luck.

Tom

Sorry, just saw that you got it out already, good job.

Tom

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang holmes... Could've just hooked it out with some rebar wire. Lol