6.5" dvd/bluetooth/gps chinese aftermarket head unit. Works.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
Installed this in my 2003 expy. Bought on ebay new for $159.00

install was easy, just picked up an adapter to plug into factory harness at the local car audio place for like $12.

gps works (app and map file say "iGo"), reverse camera works, bluetooth works well for calls and music...
so all in all, i saved $500 over a pioneer avic and I'm happy. Surprised, even. And it shipped from shenzhen china to RI, USA in about 5 business days via DHL.

Will have to post some pics soon.

Next time i'll spend the extra $$ and get an android head unit to boot, this was kinda a trial and tribulation for me because I've seen so many cheap chinese electronics that SUCK but this is nooooot bad at all my friends for $159 shipped. Wife loves it. And it includes manufacturer logo boot screens so it looks factory legit when it turns on.

Also purchased for $97 shipped on ebay brand new overhead lcd 13" monitor. Supports USB/microSD, has built in games, got extra headsets, has fm transmitter and i ran rca wires from the head unit up the b-pillar for video out for when im ready to put it in! I'll be documenting that for y'all.

OP
OP
retrogarage6

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
forgot to mention also required was the scorpion x double din dash kit... had to reallly sqeeze it on over this unit but worked. I actually had sliced out the factory harness lol because i was impatient. Long story short, I ordered an aftermarket plug to plug into factory radio to replace harness i sliced. But I repaired the harness before it came to my house so now i have an extra factory harness too. Just advice for anyone don't bother wiring manually, get the right plugs because the wiring diagrams and descriptions suck. Also, tapped into the black and pink wire in kick panel for reverse cam. It worked but i think my connection came loose because it doesnt kick on anymore from R. I wired the actual camera to the reverse bulb so the camera gets power when bulb kicks on. pretty sweet :)

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May I know how much you paid for the radio and plugs from ebay?

OP
OP
retrogarage6

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i watched these units for a while before i even bought the truck so it goes up and down, this particular unit is probably "last season's model" thats why i think i got it so cheap. Paid $159 shipped from china brand new from an ebay store WITH 99% positive feedback (important you look at that) So i saw these range from the $159 to $250+....

There are a bunch of similar models. Also if you are looking, search "android gps bluetooth double din" its like a smart phone head unit they come with wifi and 3g dongles and stuff and can run play store and all apps, thats next one day for one of my cars.

The plug i got at a local shop called SoundFX it was like $12 or $15, dash kit i think was like maybe $9 on ebay. Also ordered the factory radio adapter plug that was about $7, which I still have unused.

OP
OP
retrogarage6

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea man hey.. I have a wife and 5 kids between 3 and 10 years old so being able to entertain them in the car on a budget like that was awesome. Night and day behavioral change, once a movie goes on no more screaming, kicking, whining, fighting. So best budget expy project for a family guy.