7 Pin Trailer Harness with No Connectivity.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFordFortress

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just recently picked up a 2009 EL XLT. Went to plug-in my seven pin trailer harness connection and found that there is absolutely nothing coming from any of the connections. Tested with meter.

There are two screw holes in the plastic shroud by my right knee that might’ve been where someone had a brake controller mounted at one point?

If in fact there was a brake controller that was removed, is there typically a place underneath the dashboard where that would plug-in to existing connectors that I should start looking at to see if maybe they were not reconnected? Or our break controller spliced into other wiring?

I also remember reading somewhere about vehicles coming with the 710 HD towing package where there was a fuse and relay that would have come with the vehicle knew that gets installed by the owner or someone else only when they decide to use the trailering package. Can anybody give me more insight on that or my imagining that I read that somewhere?

Any assistance would be helpful as I have to go pick up the family pop up and was hoping to have it done last week now looking to do it this coming week if I can get this problem solved.

Thanx

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk