$750 for positive battery cable... wtf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenL

Reaction score
My positive battery cable is Rusted and I knew that. So stupid me thinking 12 to $15 for a replacement. 550 for part and two hours to replace and "no aftermarket part".

Thoughts on alternatives?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
You can always make up a cable from parts or simply splice in a new clamp or component. I just don't know who would do it for you if you couldn't do it yourself.

Part# 7L1Z-14300-AA fits a 2008 and it's discontinued. Probably fits other years too; I didn't check. It lists for $551, and you can buy it for $330 if you can find it.

You can always look for one in a junkyard, but I'd repair the existing one first. If you can't find someone to do it, check with an old school auto-electric shop that still rebuilds alternators and starters in-house. They'll know someone who'll fix the old one for a hundred bucks for sure.

Welcome here, by the way.

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Eric Mowrer

Reaction score
Military Battery terminal
copper ring wire lug (terminal)
Heavy duty adhesive heat shrink
Hydraulic crimper from Harbor Freight

under $100

Rewired my Jeep and winch this way... very easy

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can always make up a cable from parts or simply splice in a new clamp or component. I just don't know who would do it for you if you couldn't do it yourself.

Part# 7L1Z-14300-AA fits a 2008 and it's discontinued. Probably fits other years too; I didn't check. It lists for $551, and you can buy it for $330 if you can find it.

You can always look for one in a junkyard, but I'd repair the existing one first. If you can't find someone to do it, check with an old school auto-electric shop that still rebuilds alternators and starters in-house. They'll know someone who'll fix the old one for a hundred bucks for sure.

Welcome here, by the way.
Why is it so high priced?

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You don't need a vehicle specific cable. The only important dimension is from terminal to post. ! foot longer is no problem.
Try AutoZone.....less than $20

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My positive battery cable is Rusted and I knew that. So stupid me thinking 12 to $15 for a replacement. 550 for part and two hours to replace and "no aftermarket part".

Thoughts on alternatives?
I just so happen to have one that I will sell you for $495. ($55 saving)

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Kent, besides 07's offer above, see any popup ads in the corner yet offering you one for $600 yet? Targeted advertising.....

750 for a piece of wire?....not even an expensive piece of wire....what is is it, 8-6 ga?

jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze