97,000 miles; update(save yourself time, it still runs perfect).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good policy over time, especially if your idle gets wonky. It just gets dirty over time, but ESPECIALLY if you add an oiled airfilter.

Ask me how I know, and then ask why I will never run an oiled filter on a modern, MAF sensor'ed engine again.

I ran a K&N CAI on my old 94 Accord. As I've gotten older, mods have taken a backseat to reliability. I just don't have time and money to deal with silly mechanical issues. I tried to talk my wife into getting an EV so I can eliminate most of the vehicle maintenance, but it kinda backfired because she test drove a Tesla and decided that was the only acceptable EV.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran a K&N CAI on my old 94 Accord. As I've gotten older, mods have taken a backseat to reliability. I just don't have time and money to deal with silly mechanical issues. I tried to talk my wife into getting an EV so I can eliminate most of the vehicle maintenance, but it kinda backfired because she test drove a Tesla and decided that was the only acceptable EV.
Me too, I hated anything stock when I was younger, but now I hate anything not stock.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No catch can, no tune....100% stock engine....I do not run my truck hard as evidenced by the 18.4mpg over the life of the truck. I have a slew of other vehicles to cane....none of them costs my 53.9K.....LOL

I called Don up at Don Princes tire/auto in Pasadena MD....he came recommended by a Model T restorer....I don't know where he bought the tires but Tire Rack shows them.

I have to suggest this.....when I spoke with him, I learned he had remained open throughout the lockdown even though no one walked in the door for over 3 months. I know he made money on my tires and I encouraged him to have his guy "go over" my truck "in case" it needed anything, the rear brakes were the result. Thing is, he kept his two mechanics who are true aces, employed. I respect that....don't forget your local guys....

jeff