97 expedition air bag to coil spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARiley23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just need to know if it is necessary to install new coil springs
Thanks in advanc
Lamar
What's your question exactly? Are you converting from the stock bags to coil springs?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

justKen

Reaction score
Do you have the 4-wheel air suspension?

If so, the most direct way to address the swap is to order one of the kits. This will provide you with the rear coils and replacement coil-over shocks for the front, each replacing their respective air suspension component.

Do make sure you're getting coil-over front component, as this is necessary to compensate for the softer torsion bars that accompany the air suspension.

Some guys pull springs from a junker; I can't personally see the headache and trouble to pull old & rusty parts that will most likely show some sagging in the springs, and have to fight old/ rusted torsion bars to make the swap when kits run typically $200 or less - and shocks & springs are brand new.

/K

justKen

Reaction score
You're most welcome/ any help I can offer, just give a shout. I've been sick and haven't been on the board much the last weeks or so, but there is quite the collection of knowledgeable and helpful folks here - just be patient as often posts for the newer model Expeditions tend to show the largest numbers.

This is the kit I started with -
https://suncoreindustries.com/produ...t-with-gas-shocks-bundle-navigator-expedition

It currently shows as out of stock, but should give you a good idea of what you should find in a decent kit.

/K

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360